Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2019, 10:28 AM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
No way TT lets the OG situation get worse......

Lamp is a bust.
Naw, Lamp will win a starting spot and he will be a fine player. He said he's healthy now and plans to spend the off-season working out so he will be in great shape when April rolls around. There will be a Forest in next years OL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
Naw, Lamp will win a starting spot and he will be a fine player. He said he's healthy now and plans to spend the off-season working out so he will be in great shape when April rolls around. There will be a Forest in next years OL.
He was a healthy scratch during the season, and that was with pretty bad play from the OG's....... I know...'continuity'....what a crock. Not a chance any HC sticks with poor play, and poor play was what they were getting.

The optimism lasts until TC, then it will die along with Lamp's pro career.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
worked for me.
It has been confirmed
per reliable sources
that there was
a period of time
when the link
would not work.

I blame ESPN.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
It has been confirmed
per reliable sources
that there was
a period of time
when the link
would not work.

I blame ESPN.

Is this one of your 'football takes' ?

Old 02-12-2019, 10:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Perryman is a solid run defending ILB, and does make the occasional big play. His pass defence is not very good. All of this you know quite well. I find it unfair to him that you state something that you do not know , but want to hang on him to justify your belief in moving on from him.

I believe, but do not know, that justification for moving on will be evident in the contract he seeks. With his known playing abilities, both good and bad, along with his injury history, I simply would not pay him the big dollars he will seek. Similar to TW, it should be very interesting to see just what the other clubs are willing to pay for either of these players.
I used the words "seems to" rather than " I know".
My opinion is based on things like appearing in a dogeball video when he had a hammie that limited practice.
He has fun playing when he feels good, sits out when he doesn't, doesn't seem to put in extra work to improve his readiness to play at the highest level consistently. If he does, he's keeping it a secret. Could be a secret because it's ineffective but either way his game has not improved.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
So is "satisfactory a 'good thing" or an "Ok thing"? My point on the definition was more about a value judgement. If you tell me Denzel is a decent LB, i would agree, in that that it is a good thing. For others just being decent means average to them, better exists.

I like denzel on the bolts. I like what he does for the D. Would not want to see him go. However, if the bolts can improve the run D by improving the DL, then perryman and his injury history leaving, may be the good thing for the team, it might be a great thing if he stayed and played more in rotation. Like you, I don't know the value TT and Lynn place on him.
My issue with the first post I quoted was calling him a decent BACKUP. Like I said, we can debate if he is a decent linebacker, if we can do better, if hes important for the team, etc etc etc... but what isnt debatable is him being considered a "decent backup". If Denzel were coming off the bench we would been in an incredibally great situation cause he would be an "amazing backup".
Old 02-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Is it time to panic yet?

Quote:
Keeping Perryman would be ideal, but it must come at a cost that is team friendly, which I suspect will be a problem for him.
This probably is often the case - but maybe his open market value is less than what he thinks it is? Or maybe he believes this team would be closer to challenging for a championship than others, and take a reasonable contract to stay.

Hard to speculate what is in another persons mind...

― Thomas Paine

"We some dogs....we take what we want.."

- Keenan Allen
Old 02-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
I used the words "seems to" rather than " I know".
My opinion is based on things like appearing in a dogeball video when he had a hammie that limited practice.
He has fun playing when he feels good, sits out when he doesn't, doesn't seem to put in extra work to improve his readiness to play at the highest level consistently. If he does, he's keeping it a secret. Could be a secret because it's ineffective but either way his game has not improved.
That's a load of BS.... you said you want to find someone who is serious about winning.... so you know hes not serious about winning and playing? Please....

Feel free to explain his training routine and his, supposedly lack of off season training.

And while you're at it let us know what QB we should acquire since Rivers, it seems, has sex every two days and is busy changing diapers in between his sessions. Oh and I remember our new safety was throwing out the first pitch of a Dodgers game before ever even playing a snap, he should have been training. Hes definitely not serious about winning.

The star on my bag signifies a World Championship... it's coming boys! It's coming!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBolt View Post
This probably is often the case - but maybe his open market value is less than what he thinks it is? Or maybe he believes this team would be closer to challenging for a championship than others, and take a reasonable contract to stay.

Hard to speculate what is in another persons mind...

I am really hoping both Perryman and TW believe the Bolts are close, and are willing to take less for that chance at a Super Bowl. I do not expect it from either player, but I am hoping.....as you say, hard to know what they are thinking.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Is this one of your 'football takes' ?
Yes.

Someone else
somewhere else
had the same problem
at the same time.

Moe's link was
temporarily defunct.