Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2018, 09:33 PM
All-Pro

Default Draft game - you be the Chargers GM 2018 (continue: 2nd round)

Weíve done this a few years in a row...pick for the Chargers in real time (or as close as possible) each day and round. Then put together your composite draft, save it, and years later you can brag to your fellow boardmates how smart you were or hide it in shame forever.

Post one pick at a time here. Must wait obviously until Chargers are on the clock. If you arenít able to post right away, you may after the round is over but try to get in it before the next round starts.

If Chargers trade a pick, you have the option of ignoring the trade and staying put or accepting the trade and picking appropriately.

Have fun.

Last edited by PhilaBoltster; 04-27-2018 at 05:22 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 09:38 PM
& ramblin' man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
Weíve done this a few years in a row...pick for the Chargers in real time (or as close as possible) each day and round. Then put together your composite draft, save it, and years later you can brag to your fellow boardmates how smart you were or hide it in shame forever.

Post one pick at a time here. Must wait obviously until Chargers are on the clock. If you arenít able to post right away, you may after the round is over but try to get in it before the next round starts.

If Chargers trade a pick, you have the option of ignoring the trade and staying put or accepting the trade and picking appropriately.

Have fun.
17) Tevita Tuliakiono Tuipuloto Mosese Vaíhae Faletau Vea
Old 04-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Have fun.
This is tough. I wonder what TT is thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Kq1vURcL8
Old 04-25-2018, 11:25 PM
& ramblin' man

Quote:
In southern California, the Chargers have could look to add to their defensive backfield to help defend Raiders quarterback Derek Carr. One of the players the Chargers like who is very unlikely to get to them is Florida State safety Derwin James.

The Chargers feel James has some coverage issues but that they would be masked in their scheme. That is irrelevant, however, because the Chargers don't believe he will get near their first-round pick. They also like Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick, and there is a chance that he slides in the first round. If he got to the Chargers' first-round pick, it could be an easy decision for general manager Tom Telesco.

Assuming both safeties are gone, the other position the Chargers could hope to improve is defensive tackle. Alabama's Da'Ron Payne and Washington's Vita Vea are in play for Los Angeles. Sources say the Chargers like Payne more because he does more damage upfield, whereas Vea is more at the line of scrimmage. Still, the organization likes both of those players. Two other defensive tackles who the Chargers like are Florida's Taven Bryan and Miami's R.J. McIntosh. Bryan is in play for the Chargers' first-round pick, while McIntosh is a potential target for Day 2.
http://walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress
Old 04-26-2018, 06:05 AM
All-Pro

First I have heard a report of the Bolts liking Taven Bryan, but he has been my "suprise" pick for the Chargers for some time. Has been likened as a poor man's JJ Watt, and is definitely a TT type football player...desire, hard worker who improved considerably every year in college...I would be happy with that pick if Payne and Vea are off the board...or even if they aren't.

Interesting take that the Bolts allegedly like Payne a bit more than Vea...I actually recently changed my mock to reflect the likely scenario that Vea is gone, and Payne would be the next best option. Maybe he is high on their board after all.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:31 AM
Moí Hurts

Quote:

Have fun.
Also important to mention that you move with the Chargers in a trade. Whenever they are on the clock, you are on the clock.

This has been fun to do the last few years and Iím excited to do again.
4. Brian Peavy, CB
5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
6. Braden Mann, P
7. Kyle Shurmur, QB

Cut: WR Benjamin
FA: LB Barr, K Gostkowski/Gould, S Amos

Old 04-26-2018, 07:17 AM
All-Pro

I'm in!!!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:23 AM
Hall of Famer

The idea is to wait until the Chargers are on the clock. Each round. So you KNOW EXACTLY WHO is available.

Draft Fever.
Catch it.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
First I have heard a report of the Bolts liking Taven Bryan, but he has been my "suprise" pick for the Chargers for some time. Has been likened as a poor man's JJ Watt, and is definitely a TT type football player...desire, hard worker who improved considerably every year in college...I would be happy with that pick if Payne and Vea are off the board...or even if they aren't.

Interesting take that the Bolts allegedly like Payne a bit more than Vea...I actually recently changed my mock to reflect the likely scenario that Vea is gone, and Payne would be the next best option. Maybe he is high on their board after all.
Taven Bryan, RJ Macintosh....no mention of Mo Hurst. Curious!

Taven Bryan's game against Texas A&M was ridiculous. His engine runs hot & cold.

BTW Poona Ford is someone i really like as a 1tech. Doesn't look 5'!!'' on tape like Senat. Middle day 3 choice.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderblueboy View Post
Taven Bryan, RJ Macintosh....no mention of Mo Hurst. Curious!

Taven Bryan's game against Texas A&M was ridiculous. His engine runs hot & cold.

BTW Poona Ford is someone i really like as a 1tech. Doesn't look 5'!!'' on tape like Senat. Middle day 3 choice.
Hurst was listed on the team page as a potential target. I can see Bryan as a real possibility with his upside, length, metrics.

This will be fun! Letís get on the clock all ready. My big board is set. Ready to draft!