Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-28-2018, 04:57 PM
eightdogs's Avatar
eightdogs eightdogs is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wildomar
Posts: 5,585
Default This Chargers draft class seemed like birthday presents

Regarding the Chargers draft picks, I didn't know what to expect in any of these rounds, and kept getting surprised by the players picked. Kept on thinking "Wow!... James! Nice!...Wow! Nwosu! ....That guy's good!.... Wow! Defense wins championships. Wow! White!..... Quisenberry. Future center..... Who's this Cantrell guy? Wow!

I think they got good to great value in every round. Felt like my birfday.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2018, 07:33 PM
ottotelfser's Avatar
ottotelfser ottotelfser is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BR
Posts: 582
Default

Loved this draft
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2018, 01:56 AM
21and500's Avatar
21and500 21and500 is offline
Blame Butts for me
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 8,169
Default

I’m coming around to everyone from day 2 on.
I wasn’t disappointed with anyone, just skeptical about the value
And mostly confused
But if all works out
It looks like we found our base OTTO and Will to pair with Perryman
Along with mebane’s successor
Depth at C/G with an opportunity to start at C post Pouncey
A sure handed WR and COP rb

I’m never too down and never too up after a draft
Because at the end of the day I realize I really don’t know
With any amount of certainty which prospects can feasibly
Fulfill their draft investments
But it’s going to be fun finding out
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-29-2018, 04:14 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightdogs View Post
Regarding the Chargers draft picks, I didn't know what to expect in any of these rounds, and kept getting surprised by the players picked. Kept on thinking "Wow!... James! Nice!...Wow! Nwosu! ....That guy's good!.... Wow! Defense wins championships. Wow! White!..... Quisenberry. Future center..... Who's this Cantrell guy? Wow!

I think they got good to great value in every round. Felt like my birfday.
You are a great fan.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-29-2018, 10:43 PM
AK46um's Avatar
AK46um AK46um is offline
Electric Glide Offense
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 9,411
Default

I look at the Chargers draft and it makes me say Damn as in the finest chick you ever seen in your life damn. I look at the Raiders draft and it also makes me say Damn as in that same chick wearing Raiders gear now looking 10x fugly Damn.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-30-2018, 09:28 AM
glutton4Bolts's Avatar
glutton4Bolts glutton4Bolts is offline
glutton for punishment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Arrowhead
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
I’m coming around to everyone from day 2 on.
I wasn’t disappointed with anyone, just skeptical about the value
And mostly confused
But if all works out
It looks like we found our base OTTO and Will to pair with Perryman
Along with mebane’s successor
Depth at C/G with an opportunity to start at C post Pouncey
A sure handed WR and COP rb

I’m never too down and never too up after a draft
Because at the end of the day I realize I really don’t know
With any amount of certainty which prospects can feasibly
Fulfill their draft investments
But it’s going to be fun finding out
This is a pretty solid analysis. I assume you love the 1st round pick. All of the other selections fill PON. Furthermore, they were all productive against very good competition in college. Lastly, when you watch their highlights you see a lot of upside... This resulted in me trusting TT and the scouts but we won't know what we have until things play out. So I choose to be tentatively excited about the selections.
__________________
Are curses real?... or do they simply manifest on the field when the players believe they actually are?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-30-2018, 05:33 PM
PMR8FAN PMR8FAN is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 217
Default OT depth needed

Would have liked to see us take an offensive tackle ....

Happy about the rest.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-30-2018, 05:43 PM
sdchrger's Avatar
sdchrger sdchrger is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 2,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR8FAN View Post
Would have liked to see us take an offensive tackle ....

Happy about the rest.
Not a lot of good ones in this draft. Pointless to pick a player that isn't as good as you already have on the roster. Wasn't Rivers the least sacked QB in the league last year based on pass attempts?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-01-2018, 07:41 PM
shruggy's Avatar
shruggy shruggy is offline
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 1,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrger View Post
Not a lot of good ones in this draft. Pointless to pick a player that isn't as good as you already have on the roster. Wasn't Rivers the least sacked QB in the league last year based on pass attempts?
I think so, but this was in due part to him having the most throwaways. He's been pretty good at diagnosing when his pocket is collapsing.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Maniaque 5's Avatar
Maniaque 5 Maniaque 5 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Québec
Posts: 902
Default

W. Richardson in the 4th
J. Jones in the 5th
2 OTs available and prospect to fill the RT position

My only regrets in that draft
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maniaque 5
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:26 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.