Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt Cola View Post
Disc, what are your thoughts on Jordan Binnington??
He's young, but flashing hard talent this week. When you stop 53 of 54 shots, that's getting it done. Need to give him more time at the NHL level to gain needed experience before you go all in on him. From Canada, so that's a minus. Lasted until the 3rd round in the draft. So there must have been turnoffs for teams in the NHL.

He tracked hard in the lower levels, going well over .900 in saves.

You want to be excited, but 1 week is not a career. Needs a span of games before you fall in love.

Also, oh......were you asking frozen ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Sharks playing well...coming together.
Timo Meier is a personal favorite.
Nice win @ CAL tonight.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Sharks playing well...coming together.
Timo Meier is a personal favorite.
Nice win @ CAL tonight.
Habs had a very nice win tonight.....we went out after (really rare)....it is very late. My mocha latte will be on my desk, but I won't be there to drink it hot......

Old 02-07-2019, 11:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Disc, what are your thoughts on Jordan Binnington??
He is a bit short at 6'1', and a bit light at 175 lbs......but he can play the game well. Good read on play, good save selection, solid understanding of who is on the ice, for both teams. He is an NHL level goalie, but will he get the opportunity, and will he have any quality play in front of him.... If he was in our pipeline, he would most likely be traded out.

The Blues' problem is not in goal. Just my opinion.....

Old 02-08-2019, 12:46 PM
@TeeOhEmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
He is a bit short at 6'1', and a bit light at 175 lbs......but he can play the game well. Good read on play, good save selection, solid understanding of who is on the ice, for both teams. He is an NHL level goalie, but will he get the opportunity, and will he have any quality play in front of him.... If he was in our pipeline, he would most likely be traded out.

The Blues' problem is not in goal. Just my opinion.....
No, the D has been atrocious in front of Allen for most of the year, but they have played incredible in front of Binnington(8-1-1) Allen has pretty much lost his starting gig at this point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" border="0" />
Old 02-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
No, the D has been atrocious in front of Allen for most of the year, but they have played incredible in front of Binnington(8-1-1) Allen has pretty much lost his starting gig at this point.
I like Allen, he is a very talented goalie, but you are correct in your observation that he has received poor support in the play around his net. When that happens to a goalie, he almost always starts creeping back towards the goal line, which is the exact opposite of what solid goaltending is about. What is going on with Allen is about the staff as much as the players. Accountability needs to be put in play, or they will ruin Allen.

*Just my view from afar.....

Old 02-11-2019, 07:33 AM
@TeeOhEmm

Quote:
I like Allen, he is a very talented goalie, but you are correct in your observation that he has received poor support in the play around his net. When that happens to a goalie, he almost always starts creeping back towards the goal line, which is the exact opposite of what solid goaltending is about. What is going on with Allen is about the staff as much as the players. Accountability needs to be put in play, or they will ruin Allen.

*Just my view from afar.....
Allen has had problems with confidence throughout his career, as recently as last year, he was seeing a sports psychologist about it. He has runs when nothing will get past him, and then it seems like he cant stop a thing. He might be best to get a fresh start somewhere else.

" border="0" />
Old 02-11-2019, 08:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Allen has had problems with confidence throughout his career, as recently as last year, he was seeing a sports psychologist about it. He has runs when nothing will get past him, and then it seems like he cant stop a thing. He might be best to get a fresh start somewhere else.
I have never seen a goalie reach the Jr. ranks that did not have the physical tools to play the game at the highest level. Playing net in the NHL, and Jr.'s as well, is 80% mental game......reading play, save selections, forgetting that last goal, etc etc......and every goalie goes through the confidence drought. Seeing a sports psychologist is more about improving focus than anything else, and Allen is not alone in using one, not by a long shot. Holtby's squirting water in the air and trying to count the drops as they fall was created in his interactions with a sports psychologist, creating a 'refocus' mechanism. He does it anytime he feels he has lost focus, and play has stopped of course. There are many other of these....Fleury will tap the corner of the net with glove first, then stick as he sets up for play.....the examples go on and on. Blues have won a few games now, confident play out front will result in confident play in net.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:25 AM
@TeeOhEmm

Quote:
I have never seen a goalie reach the Jr. ranks that did not have the physical tools to play the game at the highest level. Playing net in the NHL, and Jr.'s as well, is 80% mental game......reading play, save selections, forgetting that last goal, etc etc......and every goalie goes through the confidence drought. Seeing a sports psychologist is more about improving focus than anything else, and Allen is not alone in using one, not by a long shot. Holtby's squirting water in the air and trying to count the drops as they fall was created in his interactions with a sports psychologist, creating a 'refocus' mechanism. He does it anytime he feels he has lost focus, and play has stopped of course. There are many other of these....Fleury will tap the corner of the net with glove first, then stick as he sets up for play.....the examples go on and on. Blues have won a few games now, confident play out front will result in confident play in net.
Thanks, i didnt realize all of those actually served a purpose/ didnt pay close enough attention.

" border="0" />
Old 02-11-2019, 01:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Berg has been busy last couple days.......

* #notdoneyet