Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2019, 07:12 PM
beachcomber's Avatar
beachcomber beachcomber is offline
& ramblin' man
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NorCal
Posts: 668
Default 2019 Draft: MLB/MIKE.... (who do you like ?)

so Chargeroo and some others (Mr. Telesco ?) are saying "give me a MIKE."

are we looking for a backup to Denzel or is it good bye to Mr. Perryman ??

and most agree that there are three first round talents @LB.... Devin White, Mack Wilson and Devin Bush (not an MLB/can't shed blocks), two of which are MLBs.... who's the fourth that will inevitably press the issue @LB, and is he an ILB ??

who is in that second tier for you.... Te'von Coney, Germaine Pratt, and/or.... ??

plenty of peoples have made mention of Tyrell Dodson.... who is Titus Davis ?? who is Josiah Tauaefa ?? Ö.who else is out there and worthy of consideration ??

or do we just move Melvin in the middle and call it a day ??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-23-2019, 08:34 PM
LetsGoBolts's Avatar
LetsGoBolts LetsGoBolts is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Hawthorne
Posts: 635
Default

Iím hearing a lot of LB Terrill Hanks these days..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2019, 09:42 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 5,357
Default

I like Te'von Coney in the late 2nd... depending on who else is still on the board. If we decide to re-sign Perryman (for reasonable price) there are some later round ILB's I like too. Dakota Allen (4th) Tyrell Dodson (5th) Tre Watson (6th) and Gary Johnson (7th).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-23-2019, 10:22 PM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose
Posts: 27,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
I like Te'von Coney in the late 2nd... depending on who else is still on the board. If we decide to re-sign Perryman (for reasonable price) there are some later round ILB's I like too. Dakota Allen (4th) Tyrell Dodson (5th) Tre Watson (6th) and Gary Johnson (7th).
IMV Coney us not very athletic,
when you go beyond the straight line speed.

Mack Wilson has an issue or two, but does have the explosion.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2019, 01:31 AM
beachcomber's Avatar
beachcomber beachcomber is offline
& ramblin' man
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NorCal
Posts: 668
Default

think Coney makes the most sense practically speaking, albeit am less than excited to bring him in as a Charger.... he is a SAM that can play the MIKE, can play the run and handle coverage, and.... is from Notre Dame.

do think Terrill Hanks is worthy of consideration, albeit don't think he's an MLB.

personally the guys I like are on the obscure side.... Titus Davis, Josiah Tauaefa and Nate Hall, are all guys I'm still learning about, albeit do like what I know of them to date.

atm really don't see anyone that I would really be excited 'bout drafting, and looks more like a need pick atm.... not how I like to go about our biz in the draft.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2019, 07:23 AM
spaniard's Avatar
spaniard spaniard is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,352
Default

Just some initial thought:

Round 1: Devin White (LSU); Mack Wilson (ALB); Devin Bush (MICH)
Round 2: Germaine Pratt (NC ST); Anfernee Jennings (ALB)
Round 3: TJ Edwards (WISC); Te'Von Coney (ND)
Round 4: Tre Watson (MD); Deshaun Davis (AUB)
__________________
Firm believer in the BHC!

The star on my bag signifies a World Championship... it's coming boys! It's coming!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2019, 08:20 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
Just some initial thought:

Round 1: Devin White (LSU); Mack Wilson (ALB); Devin Bush (MICH)
Round 2: Germaine Pratt (NC ST); Anfernee Jennings (ALB)
Round 3: TJ Edwards (WISC); Te'Von Coney (ND)
Round 4: Tre Watson (MD); Deshaun Davis (AUB)
ooooo, another grouping with Mack Wilson in the mix.................
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2019, 09:12 AM
spaniard's Avatar
spaniard spaniard is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
ooooo, another grouping with Mack Wilson in the mix.................
Definitely....

Sign me up right now for a starting LBing corp of: Perryman - Wilson - White

Draft an OT/DT in the second and third...

Instantly a tougher team and that's not even including FA moves.
__________________
Firm believer in the BHC!

The star on my bag signifies a World Championship... it's coming boys! It's coming!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2019, 09:56 AM
glutton4Bolts's Avatar
glutton4Bolts glutton4Bolts is offline
glutton for punishment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Arrowhead
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
Definitely....

Sign me up right now for a starting LBing corp of: Perryman - Wilson - White

Draft an OT/DT in the second and third...

Instantly a tougher team and that's not even including FA moves.
So you are writing off our 2018 2nd Round Pick? Nwosu had some giant sacks late for us... we knew he was athletic, yet kind of raw coming out of USC. I expect him to take a step forward in 2019.


Signing Jarrett in FA would free us up to select the best ILB/OT available in rounds 1 and 2. I like the idea of bringing Perryman back for the right price... when healthy, he is probably the 2nd best ILB in the FA market this year.


We can worry about FS in the 3rd or beyond... unless they bring in the honey-badger or Earl.
__________________
Are curses real?... or do they simply manifest on the field when the players believe they actually are?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2019, 02:35 PM
spaniard's Avatar
spaniard spaniard is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
So you are writing off our 2018 2nd Round Pick? Nwosu had some giant sacks late for us... we knew he was athletic, yet kind of raw coming out of USC. I expect him to take a step forward in 2019.


Signing Jarrett in FA would free us up to select the best ILB/OT available in rounds 1 and 2. I like the idea of bringing Perryman back for the right price... when healthy, he is probably the 2nd best ILB in the FA market this year.


We can worry about FS in the 3rd or beyond... unless they bring in the honey-badger or Earl.
Sure.... I'm expecting him to take a step forward as well. But not as a starter.

So you're saying our starting linebacking corps next year should be: Nwosu, FA, White....?????

I would kill to sign A stud DLineman in free agency.... but I just dont see it happening....
__________________
Firm believer in the BHC!

The star on my bag signifies a World Championship... it's coming boys! It's coming!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.