Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Default No Live Game Audio

I am sure this will probably get locked but I am posting here in hopes someone will see it. This is 2nd week in a row there is no live game audio on mobile or website. Failboat. What isthe deal, I have listened to all the games but 4 this year...because those 4 weeks there is no audio working. How does a pro sports team not notice that their audio isn't working? It isn't just me...a lot of guys came on here last week and reported the issue also.

If you leave this up..thank you. If you delete then just more of the same I guess.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:34 PM
19 Fan

same boat as you bro. Following it on NFL.com
Old 12-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Hall of Famer

thanks I will try that
Old 12-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Download Pro a football app on your smartphone for free legal audio.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Veteran

listening on the official chargers app (cuz browser wont work)
Old 12-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buef View Post
listening on the official chargers app (cuz browser wont work)
But sometimes the audio isn't working...
Old 12-15-2017, 08:37 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

If you are looking for a radio feed of the game but are out of range of the LA station (KFI 640), you can also listen to it through the iHeart radio app <<search term KFI>>.

Listening a computer, here is the link:

https://www.iheart.com/live/kfi-177/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:33 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltFanDan View Post
I am sure this will probably get locked but I am posting here in hopes someone will see it. This is 2nd week in a row there is no live game audio on mobile or website. Failboat. What isthe deal, I have listened to all the games but 4 this year...because those 4 weeks there is no audio working. How does a pro sports team not notice that their audio isn't working? It isn't just me...a lot of guys came on here last week and reported the issue also.

If you leave this up..thank you. If you delete then just more of the same I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime Time View Post
But sometimes the audio isn't working...

Here is my link to the solution I have used this season from my laptop computer. It lists multiple radio station and the top one always always works for me and has the exact same broadcast as the chargers.com site. I like me some Hardwick color commentary!!

http://www.freefootballradio.com/Sandiego.html

Let me know if you have any problems!!
Old 12-16-2017, 07:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1422 View Post
Here is my link to the solution I have used this season from my laptop computer. It lists multiple radio station and the top one always always works for me and has the exact same broadcast as the chargers.com site. I like me some Hardwick color commentary!!

http://www.freefootballradio.com/Sandiego.html

Let me know if you have any problems!!
Is this real time?

If I put the game on TV but mute it, can I listen to this and it be the same? Or will there be a lag?

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
Is this real time?

If I put the game on TV but mute it, can I listen to this and it be the same? Or will there be a lag?

Thanks!
EXCELLENT Question, Spaniard!! I have not "seen" any but the nationally televised games (at Dallas, Thx Day, and opening week at Denver Monday night Football are the only ones that come to mind) this season as I am an autistic living on SSDI so cannot afford Sunday Ticket or even Game Pass to watch the replays. So I think you should try it if you are fortunate enough to have the video broadcast and prefer a better or more Charger friendly audio.

On the other hand, I like the idea of SOME lag between the play and the audio analysis since that allows enough time for my sensory processing to catch up with my brain processing that information assymetrically. Ask me how difficult it is to watch the news media and their commentary and try to read the important news "ticker tape" style news feed at the bottom of the TV screen!!!

To quote my favorite Mr T saying, "... a whole lotta' jibber jabber out there!!"

I am sure there will be some delay because of the satellite, terrestrial, and other physically different paths the information and feeds take by the various radio, TV and satellite stations involved. I even see and notice some delays just between two different TVs in my house using the exact same information and source!!

To more directly answer your first question, the radio is a live radio feed and will need to be renewed (every 20-30 min. max) as it is streamed live over the internet. The player on the radio station website that I use will otherwise assume you are no longer utilizing the stream and your audio stops. (KATY is the call sign identifier) that is at the top of the list provided at the freefootballradio.com web site linked above in my post. Feel free to test the other radio stations listed and yes you could even use a Spanish language radio stream if you so desire. I speak Spanish as a second language and have lived in other Spanish speaking countries. I am learning Russian to live over there soon as well as maintain my Charger fandom via the NFL International forms of video and audio feeds!!

As always, your mileage may vary!! But I wanted to be positive and assure you that this KATY feed has ALWAYS worked for me. If the Chargers are playing live, then the game's radio team of Hardwick and (I forget) are found live on that station's internet audio stream, unlike the link provided on the Charger web site!!

Good luck and let us know your results!!

Go Chargers!!