Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Could The Chargers Sign Colin Kaepernick?
Yes 5 12.20%
No 36 87.80%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2017, 10:02 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Fight for Kap?
Old 03-30-2017, 10:51 AM
Hall of Famer

I think it was Joe Thomas that was right on the money when he said that there is no reason a backup should even be talking or causing drama. We dont need that kinda press either. We need to win and draw more fans than the rams. Kap should pull a Tebow and try his luck with baseball....or politics?!
Old 03-30-2017, 11:30 AM
Hall of Famer

I would've rather had Chase Daniel but the Saints scooped him up
Old 03-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Too late ... Kaepernick has already signed elsewhere:

http://dailysnark.com/breaking-isis-...k-1-year-deal/
LOL! That is where he belongs.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:06 PM
Rookie

Honestly, last season I couldn't stand Kaep, couldn't even stand the sight of him. However, his TD-Int ratio was 16-4 with 2 rushing TD's as well. If we put something in his contract to protect us from any protest or distractions he wants to create, i think Lynn could take in Kaep, make an All-Pro QB out of him just like Harbaugh did when they went to the SB. He has plenty of talent, we are going much smaller and faster with our o-line, most likely to run a zone blocking scheme which would be a perfect fit for Kaep, especially being mentored by a vet like Rivers. I would love to see Talesco and Lynn take a chance on Kaep, it's time to move on from Rivers, we will never win with Rivers if we couldn't in 2006.

07 - Hooker S
38 - Bolles OT
71 - Willis OLB
113 - Langley CB
151 - Henderson WR
190 - Pumphrey RB
225 - Evans QB
Old 04-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper23 View Post
Honestly, last season I couldn't stand Kaep, couldn't even stand the sight of him. However, his TD-Int ratio was 16-4 with 2 rushing TD's as well. If we put something in his contract to protect us from any protest or distractions he wants to create, i think Lynn could take in Kaep, make an All-Pro QB out of him just like Harbaugh did when they went to the SB. He has plenty of talent, we are going much smaller and faster with our o-line, most likely to run a zone blocking scheme which would be a perfect fit for Kaep, especially being mentored by a vet like Rivers. I would love to see Talesco and Lynn take a chance on Kaep, it's time to move on from Rivers, we will never win with Rivers if we couldn't in 2006.
Did you see this in a dream? Because reality doesn't support your claim. The only OL who's been signed, Okung, is neither small nor fast. And of the remaining guys on the roster Slauson, Franklin, Barksdale, Pulley, Wiggins, Clark, Hairston and Burwell are not small or fast either. The only guy on the roster who really fits that mold is Tuerk, who has yet to even dress for a game.

And it's not as if the Bills, his last employer, had small, quick Olineman either. So I have no idea where you're getting this from.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Go Chargers!

I saw Joe's link on the first page and got a chuckle, here's another I just ran across ....

Remember Kap signed a 6 yr $114mil contract in June of '14 and then declined a $16.9M player option for 2017 with San Francisco, now the head of BLM is calling for a boycott of the NFL cause Kap doesn't have a job?

IMO Kap signed that huge contract and then I think football became his 2nd priority behind his 'cause', which he did on company time, on the practice field (pig socks), pressers with Malcolm X hat/t-shirt with Mal X and Fidel Castro and the kneeling during national anthem on the field.

I think Kap's issues are his own making, perhaps had he done it all on his own time away from the team/NFL he'd be employed? .... it's possible someone will give him a 'prove it' deal if there's an injury or something, but I hope it's not the Chargers.

Go Chargers!
Old 08-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Call me crazy, but id sign him to a one yr deal, start spreading news that he has changed, then wait until mid season when some top team or competing team loses their Qb, which always happens and then have them over pay for him!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Cha-gers View Post
I saw Joe's link on the first page and got a chuckle, here's another I just ran across ....

He had a 4-1 TD to INT ratio last year, but let's not let facts ruin anyone's hate fest.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:33 PM
In Spanos We Trust

I wouldn't mind Kaepernick and Joey Football or whatever that little guy's name is. Clemmons and Jones stunk that bad. Even for a preseason game.