Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2017, 05:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Default 2018 NFL Draft - Top Prospects - Post 2017 NFL Draft

Here's a few prospects to get started scouting for next years draft. Only a year away so there isnt much time. Get rolling CMB.

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA: Likely taken higher than I want the Bolts to take a QB, Rosen will be entering his third season for the Bruins and has the prototypical size at 6-4, 218 pounds. He’s a strong-armed quarterback who has thrown for 5,585 yards with 33 touchdowns and 16 picks.

Sam Darnold, QB, USC: Similar to what I said of Rosen, Darnolds stock may be too rich for the Bolts to pull the trigger so high. The 6-4 Darnold will be among those considered for the top pick if he decides to come out. He threw for 3,086 yards with 31 touchdowns and nine interceptions as a redshirt freshman.

Arden Key, DE, LSU: Key was a first-team All-SEC selection as a sophomore after collecting 12 1/2 tackles for loss and 11 sacks. At 6-6, 231 pounds, he has excellent length and athleticism. Bold Prediction: with a decent season next year, Key is a shoe in for Number one overall, pending a QB needy team seeing the number one spot.

Derwin James, S, Florida State: Number one recruit out of high school, He missed most of his sophomore season with a knee injury. He’s an athletic 6-3, 212-pound safety with supreme ball skills. Coming from the same school as 2016 Safety/CB Jalen Ramsey, He possess a similar skillset, but can actually catch.

Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson: Mebane cant play forever. We will need to address Defense much more and much higher than we did in this previous draft. Wilkins made a big jump from his freshman to sophomore season, recording 13 tackles for loss last year to earn All-American honors. He’s big and strong at 6-4, 310 pounds and has an excellent burst off the snap.

Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming: Some thought Allen would declare for the draft following his redshirt sophomore season. He’s 6-2, 222 and threw for 3,203 yards with 28 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in his first season as a starter. Small school Giant at the QB position. Allen could be our future QB for years to come.

Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame: McGlinchey will leave Notre Dame as a four-year starter and could be the first offensive lineman taken next year. He is technically sound and is very athletic for someone who is 6-7, 310 pounds. This could be the final piece to a dominant OL for the Bolts.

Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama: We've yet to see a fullseason from 1st round selection Jason Verrett. Fitz has elite talent posting numbers like picking off six passes and returning two for scores. He also returned both of his interceptions as a freshman for touchdowns. It's become a common theme.

Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville: The 2016 Heisman Trophy winner put up video game numbers as a sophomore and will look to prove himself as college football’s top quarterback this season. He’s 6-3, 205 pounds and plays much bigger than his size would insist. Jackson has the tools and intangibles but must keep a level head off the field.

Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State: Hubbard started as a true freshman in 2015 and has 16 1/2 tackles for loss and 10 sacks in two seasons. He’s a 6-5, 266-pound defensive end with flexibility. Doesnt hurt that he has seen the field with Bosa before.

Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama: Sabans answer to the departure of Amari Cooper 2 years ago, Ridley truly has elite NFL ability. He caught 72 passes last year and has 161 receptions for 1,814 yards and 14 scores in two seasons for the Tide. If Keenan doesnt shape up this year, look out for a partner to MW next offseason.

Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas: A player touted the best find by Charlie Strong during his tenure at UT, Jefferson has 121 tackles, 16 for loss, and nine sacks in two seasons for the Longhorns. A prototype WILL.

Da’Shawn Hand, DT, Alabama: Having played behind many star defensive linemen in his time at Alabama, the 6-4, 280-pound defensive lineman enters his senior season with 11 career tackles for loss and seven sacks.

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma

Last edited by Boltup90; 04-30-2017 at 05:35 AM..
Old 04-30-2017, 07:45 AM
LAme

It's going to be a stacked QB class.

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Old 04-30-2017, 02:05 PM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
It's going to be a stacked QB class.
Yep... super smart for TT to ignore QB this year considering the gas left in PR's tank and the plethora of quality QB prospects in that will be in the draft next year. IMO, PR has at least 3 years left playing at a high level. You draft a QB next year, let him sit and learn for a year or two and then bang!..!.. smooth transition into the new stadium.

None of the QBs were graded that high this year... it looks like there may be as many as 3 QBs rated higher than the highest rated QB in this draft.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:00 PM
LAme

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Yep... super smart for TT to ignore QB this year considering the gas left in PR's tank and the plethora of quality QB prospects in that will be in the draft next year. IMO, PR has at least 3 years left playing at a high level. You draft a QB next year, let him sit and learn for a year or two and then bang!..!.. smooth transition into the new stadium.

None of the QBs were graded that high this year... it looks like there may be as many as 3 QBs rated higher than the highest rated QB in this draft.
Yes and I love the double-down by TT on surrounding PR with talent... elite WR prospect, elite OG prospect, and the 2nd best OG prospect.

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Old 04-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Give rivers and his heir apparent as much weapons to work w/ as possible