Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2017, 04:31 AM
Rookie

Default Long time Charger fan

I've been a charger fan since the days of Balboa Stadium, Paul Lowe, John Hadl, Lance Alworth, etc etc. Being a HUGE Clemson fan, it ticked me off when the Chargers dissed Drew Bree's in favor of Phillip Rivers. I've seen Rivers cost my beloved chargers more games than win big games. I personally was hoping that the Chargers would draft Deshaun Watson. In any case, when they left San Diego, it left a bad taste in my mouth and my next inclination was to switch to whichever team drafted Watson as my favorite NFL team. Drafting Mike Williams restored my chargerdom fan affiliation and I'll remain a charger fan but the Houston Texans are a close second.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Rookie

Default Three Years in StubHub Stadium Now

Can you imagine watching a playoff game from StubHub center? I think there's a good change of hosting one or two in the next three years. That would be an amazing experience. Probably also very expensive.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Brees was a Purdue QB.
Personally I like both but when we let Brees go, his NFL future was uncertain. I have no problem with Rivers & believe he's one of our best ever. It has ticked me off that our GMs haven't been very consistent at providing a team around him.
We're looking good this offseason. Hopefully we can stay relatively healthy.
Our offense and defense was last very good together in 2010 when our special teams were the worst in NFL history.

STs have been terrible since. Lynn brought in a top vet STs coach in Stewart. One hopes we can attain average or better field position this year. Starting on our 5 or 10 after giving up a punt or kick return TD gets old.

D has been erratic since 2010. If we have a decent passing D, the run D is terrible or vice versa, sometimes both. We have a lot of talent in '17 and a new DC, one can hope this year's team will be more productive.

On O, our OL has struggled since ...when were we last good? 2006-7? Last few years of OL has been poor, to be kind. The 2017 unit looks like we have improved in the offseason.
Our RBs look good, we have a new rushing HC. With good OL play? Could be a team strength.
Our receiving corps is very good to excellent. Gates, Henry, KA, MW, TW, Inman, Benjamin.
Looks like we're loaded to compete. Our AFCW opponents are actually vulnerable defensively. The Donks have a very good pass D, lousy run D. KC & Oakland were mediocre at both last year.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Chargers to win the division.

So let it be written.
So let it be done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
Because I sure am. Lets get this out of the way. Yes the Chargers moved to LA. Its over with so get over it of go away already.
These exact words were also posted on footballsfuture (a general NFL forum), I guess by the same person. But I think it got deleted there.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:39 PM
Rookie

Default Charger Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
Because I sure am. Lets get this out of the way. Yes the Chargers moved to LA. Its over with so get over it of go away already.
I am a young Charger fan in the LA area that works as a doorman in a huge Los Angeles hotel. I get to meet famous people all the time but i never really got too excited. Ive met Orlando pace, a bunch of Dodger players, actors, even Ron Jeremy. So where am I going with this?
Well today I happened to meet Jason Verrett, and it happened to be the first time I ever been star struck. I even got to talk to him for a minute and got to take a picture with him. Rivers and Gordon have reservations to check-in tomorrow as well so I will definitely be on the lookout.
Sorry about the rant. I just thought it was a cool story to share. Anyone else in the los angeles area run into any Charger players yet?
I read a quote earlier about how smart the Spanos family got over the past few months, getting new staff, better players. Guess the family fooled the SD fans long enough, now they have to show some improvement to win over the LA fans, shows how they deceived fans in SD, which everyone knew this and now they are showing their real colors.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Boltgang74

After seeing that Dodgers ripoff logo they put out recently I'm still not totally convinced lol
Old 05-22-2017, 07:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Chargers to win the division.

So let it be written.
So let it be done
We have a great shot. The Chargers were a top passing offense and will be better in 2017. If Lynn & Wiz get the run going we're the best offense in the AFCW.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al gambala View Post
I read a quote earlier about how smart the Spanos family got over the past few months, getting new staff, better players. Guess the family fooled the SD fans long enough, now they have to show some improvement to win over the LA fans, shows how they deceived fans in SD, which everyone knew this and now they are showing their real colors.
I don't know much about Spanos blackops & deception. Don't really care about such allegations.
I enjoy the sport that is played on the field on gamedays. The Chargers have given me a lot of great times. I loved Air Coryell, LT & Martyball, looking forward to Lynn's LAC.
A-Lynn has put some great rushing games on the field for the NYJ & Bills. Add that to our passing game, it'll be exciting to watch. I'm up for it!
Old 05-22-2017, 05:31 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by al gambala View Post
YEAH - won't it be maddening if they win 2/3 Super Bowls now. I bet we'd all quit being fans then. We're Charger fans, we can't be a party to winning the big one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.