Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:10 AM
dumsux
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ownership is the problem here. Nothing more nothing less. Ownership...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:23 AM
vicsteele's Avatar
vicsteele vicsteele is offline
Optimistic pessimist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumsux View Post
Ownership is the problem here. Nothing more nothing less. Ownership...
I don't think it was Dean calling a short pass on a 3 and 2 to seal the game. No faith in Melvin to run.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:27 AM
marion butts's Avatar
marion butts marion butts is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
I don't think it was Dean calling a short pass on a 3 and 2 to seal the game. No faith in Melvin to run.
well that was probably whisenhunt. You didn't like the pass there. It was 3rd and 3. Melvin had just run for -1 yard on the play prior. Running there (and probably not making it) is the conservative call to try to run clock if you don't make it. Passing to a wide open Benjamin on a crossing pattern for an easy first down is riskier. Should've worked to if Rivers didnt overthrow Benjamin.
__________________
"Being a Charger fan is tough.. It's sad actually"

-Mario Lopez
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:32 AM
ChargerBlue78's Avatar
ChargerBlue78 ChargerBlue78 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
well that was probably whisenhunt. You didn't like the pass there. It was 3rd and 3. Melvin had just run for -1 yard on the play prior. Running there (and probably not making it) is the conservative call to try to run clock if you don't make it. Passing to a wide open Benjamin on a crossing pattern for an easy first down is riskier. Should've worked to if Rivers didnt overthrow Benjamin.
Yeah, I agree with the playcall and it should've worked if Rivers wasn't off yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:39 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 32,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
well that was probably whisenhunt. You didn't like the pass there. It was 3rd and 3. Melvin had just run for -1 yard on the play prior. Running there (and probably not making it) is the conservative call to try to run clock if you don't make it. Passing to a wide open Benjamin on a crossing pattern for an easy first down is riskier. Should've worked to if Rivers didnt overthrow Benjamin.
I admire your tenacity in drilling down into the details of the game to try and make some sense of the loss. I am now convinced that there is no answer other than that's the Chargers. They could have picked up that first but they would have found another way to lose. They always seem to when the game is close at the end. What changes is the how.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:41 AM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 27,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
Ok, so you're proving my point. A head coach making strong plays to help a rookie QB win. So you think Frank doesn't have anything to do with Wentz's development?
Wentz is a good young QB in training and Reich is a good QB coach. Sounds like a good match as far as developing the QB goes.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:43 AM
SDCPB SDCPB is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: beaverton
Posts: 3,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCharger View Post
Frank is a great QB coach. But no, I don't think the conservative calls came from Reich. That game plan definitely comes from MM. Frank was just filling a position while he was here.
The team's offense stagnated under Reich. Mccoy had to take over late in the 2015 season. At least this year we're getting more production from the offensive players.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:44 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 18,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
I admire your tenacity in drilling down into the details of the game to try and make some sense of the loss. I am now convinced that there is no answer other than that's the Chargers. They could have picked up that first but they would have found another way to lose. They always seem to when the game is close at the end. What changes is the how.
We panic and self destruct any time we get a sniff of the end zone.
__________________
Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Feeney--Barksdale
8.2.17
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:47 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 32,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
We panic and self destruct any time we get a sniff of the end zone.
our defense scored 10 points yesterday. it was a very poor offensive effort against a team not known for its defensive ability.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:49 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 18,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
our defense scored 10 points yesterday. it was a very poor offensive effort against a team not known for its defensive ability.
Flat.
10am start.
__________________
Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Feeney--Barksdale
8.2.17
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.