Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2016, 10:10 AM
dumsux

Ownership is the problem here. Nothing more nothing less. Ownership...
Old 09-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Optimistic pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumsux View Post
Ownership is the problem here. Nothing more nothing less. Ownership...
I don't think it was Dean calling a short pass on a 3 and 2 to seal the game. No faith in Melvin to run.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
I don't think it was Dean calling a short pass on a 3 and 2 to seal the game. No faith in Melvin to run.
well that was probably whisenhunt. You didn't like the pass there. It was 3rd and 3. Melvin had just run for -1 yard on the play prior. Running there (and probably not making it) is the conservative call to try to run clock if you don't make it. Passing to a wide open Benjamin on a crossing pattern for an easy first down is riskier. Should've worked to if Rivers didnt overthrow Benjamin.

-Mario Lopez
Old 09-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
well that was probably whisenhunt. You didn't like the pass there. It was 3rd and 3. Melvin had just run for -1 yard on the play prior. Running there (and probably not making it) is the conservative call to try to run clock if you don't make it. Passing to a wide open Benjamin on a crossing pattern for an easy first down is riskier. Should've worked to if Rivers didnt overthrow Benjamin.
Yeah, I agree with the playcall and it should've worked if Rivers wasn't off yesterday.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
I admire your tenacity in drilling down into the details of the game to try and make some sense of the loss. I am now convinced that there is no answer other than that's the Chargers. They could have picked up that first but they would have found another way to lose. They always seem to when the game is close at the end. What changes is the how.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
Ok, so you're proving my point. A head coach making strong plays to help a rookie QB win. So you think Frank doesn't have anything to do with Wentz's development?
Wentz is a good young QB in training and Reich is a good QB coach. Sounds like a good match as far as developing the QB goes.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCharger View Post
Frank is a great QB coach. But no, I don't think the conservative calls came from Reich. That game plan definitely comes from MM. Frank was just filling a position while he was here.
The team's offense stagnated under Reich. Mccoy had to take over late in the 2015 season. At least this year we're getting more production from the offensive players.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
I admire your tenacity in drilling down into the details of the game to try and make some sense of the loss. I am now convinced that there is no answer other than that's the Chargers. They could have picked up that first but they would have found another way to lose. They always seem to when the game is close at the end. What changes is the how.
We panic and self destruct any time we get a sniff of the end zone.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
We panic and self destruct any time we get a sniff of the end zone.
our defense scored 10 points yesterday. it was a very poor offensive effort against a team not known for its defensive ability.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
our defense scored 10 points yesterday. it was a very poor offensive effort against a team not known for its defensive ability.
Flat.
10am start.