Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Thumbs up P.R. to play one more game as a San Diego Charger!

PR will be participating in the Pro Bowl so that he can represent the San Diego Chargers one more time ... and talk about being a fully-committed father!!!

Quote:
Rivers plays one more game for S.D. Chargers
January 24, 2017
By Kevin Acee

Philip Rivers will participate in the Pro Bowl in large part because he wants to play one more game — at least in his mind — as a San Diego Charger.

“I made this team as a San Diego Charger,” Rivers said. “That’s cool.”

Rivers and the team’s other representatives will be announced as Los Angeles Chargers at the Pro Bowl. But Rivers said that won’t be what he is thinking. This, he said, will give him a chance for closure the regular-season finale did not.

“We walked off the field after that Kansas City game and we thought it might be the end, but we didn’t know,” he said. “This will be the last game I play as a San Diego Charger.”

The Chargers quarterback, who has twice skipped the NFL’s all-star game in the past, was voted a second alternate to the Pro Bowl this season. He accepted the invitation to play this week as quarterbacks participating in the playoffs withdrew.

Rivers will join Chargers teammates Melvin Gordon and Casey Hayward in the game, which will be played Sunday in Orlando.

Rivers said he looks forward to playing with former teammate Eric Weddle, who left the Chargers after eight seasons to sign with the Baltimore Ravens. Weddle was also a second alternate who joined the team this week.

Rivers declined to play in the Pro Bowl in 2006 due to injury and in 2009 skipped the game for the birth of one of his daughters.

He has a father-daughter dance to attend in San Diego on Friday.

He will take a red-eye to Orlando on Tuesday, participate in the “skills challenge” and other events surrounding the game, fly back from Florida for the dance and return to play in Sunday’s game.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...125-story.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Wow. Now that's what you call being a dad. Awesome.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-24-2017, 11:57 AM
more mojo please

going to miss that dude when he's done

Old 01-24-2017, 11:58 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

People should root for the LA Chargers until Rivers retires, at least.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:00 PM

The NFL seems to like protests.

What if all the players decided to wear their San Diego jersey in LA?

Old 01-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Siemian was offered a spot.

The Pro-Bowl has become the single biggest joke in sports.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:16 PM
All-Pro

I love me some Philly Riv.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post

Old 01-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post

The Pro-Bowl has become the single biggest joke in sports.
It is a complete joke of a game (I don't know about the single biggest joke, the NBA and NHL All Star Games are right up there with it), but I may watch a bit of it for the first time in a decade - and probably for the last time - to catch a glimpse of PR representing the San Diego Chargers.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:26 PM

They're going back to the AFC vs NFC format, and there will be a skills competition this year as well.

Might be a tiny bit more entertaining. Might be.