Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2017, 11:46 PM
Hall of Famer

How many national televised home games did the Chargers get?

Old 04-21-2017, 11:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Rivers is 6-5 at Den, 5-1 in '04 to 2011. Obviously we haven't been as good lately. I won't argue about losing close games. McCoy's Chargers were amazing at playing everyone close and losing. Probably why he's gone. Kinda nice to see him running the Den offense vs LAC.
We were not, are not and will not be 5-11 level talent. I'll go with 12 -4. :Cheers:
I agree maybe not 5-11 talent, but not 12-4 talent either.

I'll meet you half way 8-8?

Old 04-22-2017, 12:47 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygoboy6191 View Post
How many national televised home games did the Chargers get?
One less than in 2016 at home.

Two more than 2016 overall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:04 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
One less than in 2016 at home.

Two more than 2016 overall.
Just looked at their schedule, and it looks like they have 0.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:40 AM
#1 Bolts Fan from N.Y.

Kind of bummed. I go to one away game each year; trying to hit all 32 teams (got like 20 in). Was really hoping for the Dallas game but no way wifey going to let that happen on Turkey Day. I know I am selfish, I should be happy they are playing on T-Day! Looks like it's JAX this year and that will complete all my Floridian games (Did Miami and Tampa already).

New York
, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New England, San Diego, Denver, Indianapolis, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Miami, Arizona, Baltimore, Green Bay, and Carolina

Steve- #1 Fan from NY!

Favorite Player: Stan Humphries

Old 04-22-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
That can change in a heart beat. As soon as people find out how much of a blast having games there are, ( and if the Chargers do well), they will change games to show. Its about the money.
Bolded is the key. The novelty of the game day experience at the stub will wear off by season 2, imo.

The Chargers have to do well to draw fans, imo. Drawing fans is secondary to money making anyway. Spanos will make money whether the Chargers win or lose.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-22-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
That's what last place will get you.
Nailed it.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-22-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Maybe because Oakland and KC were 12-4 last year, and Denver 9-7, while the Chargers were 5-11? Good teams get rewarded with more primetime games, fans don't want to see bad teams in those games.
Makes sense to me. Seems obvious.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Financially, maybe he didn't.

In every other meaningful way, he made a monumental mistake. Since his top priority appears to be money, he probably won't actually "regret" it.

Worst case for him is selling the team in a few years and banking his $3 billion or so.
Yes. If we are being completely objective you are right on. imo.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygoboy6191 View Post
I agree maybe not 5-11 talent, but not 12-4 talent either.

I'll meet you half way 8-8?
LOL! Way to bargain!

Actually, I believe in our talent. We are significantly better than avg at all O skill positions, DL, LBs and CBs. Saying we're not a 12-4 team depends on the OL failing, key injuries or coaching failure.
Yeah, I know. That was what we've seen in the recent past. Thing is, this ain't then.