Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Daygoboy6191 Daygoboy6191 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
LOL! Way to bargain!

Actually, I believe in our talent. We are significantly better than avg at all O skill positions, DL, LBs and CBs. Saying we're not a 12-4 team depends on the OL failing, key injuries or coaching failure.
Yeah, I know. That was what we've seen in the recent past. Thing is, this ain't then.
Same arguments I heard when we heard Mike McCoy.

The o-line might be slightly better looking at it right now.

Hoping for injury prone players to not get injured is asking for a lot.
You take KA away from WR they are below average.
You take Verrett away from CB below average.
LB is a wait and see they excelled last year, but is that what they really are?
DL is strong, but it can get stronger IMO.
RB needs depth.
S is below average right now.

This team needs a grand slam draft, and I can't say TT has hit it out of the park on any drafts outside of last years.

This team has a ton of question marks right now.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:39 PM
chazdawg35's Avatar
chazdawg35 chazdawg35 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The AV
Posts: 259
Default

I have a feeling that we will see a significant increase in the run game, so it should give PR breathing room so he doesn't get rattled as much.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:04 PM
JimWest's Avatar
JimWest JimWest is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
New season. Everyone is 0-0.
I understand, Tom, but the NFL seemingly mainly bases their primetime games on the teams W-L record of the prior year. Or overall success in recent years.

For example, it seemed we got heavy TV doses of the Cowboys for too many years until they finally became mediocre for a sustained period.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:26 PM
JimWest's Avatar
JimWest JimWest is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Rivers is 6-5 at Den, 5-1 in '04 to 2011. Obviously we haven't been as good lately. I won't argue about losing close games. McCoy's Chargers were amazing at playing everyone close and losing. Probably why he's gone. Kinda nice to see him running the Den offense vs LAC.
We were not, are not and will not be 5-11 level talent. I'll go with 12 -4.
If their record was actually that good over those years, I'm surprised, and will retract my statement. It has seemed to me that the Chargers virtually never win there, and not because the Broncos were so much better. It always appears to me that the Broncos get nearly every bounce, break, and call to go their way in Denver.

The Chargers may be talented, but they have had very talented teams numerous times in the past, but could not get it done, whether regular season or the playoffs. So I discount that to a degree. Mental toughness goes a long way in the NFL, which is why some franchises have been successful for long periods of time, while others have languished.

For a 12-4 prediction: let's assume the Chargers win all their LA games. That is a very significant assumption by itself, as even top teams infrequently go 8-0 at home, but let's take that as a given. Road games at NE, Dallas, NYG, Den, Oak, KC, NYJ, Jax. Which of these 4 will they win?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:13 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 32,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
If their record was actually that good over those years, I'm surprised, and will retract my statement. It has seemed to me that the Chargers virtually never win there, and not because the Broncos were so much better. It always appears to me that the Broncos get nearly every bounce, break, and call to go their way in Denver.

The Chargers may be talented, but they have had very talented teams numerous times in the past, but could not get it done, whether regular season or the playoffs. So I discount that to a degree. Mental toughness goes a long way in the NFL, which is why some franchises have been successful for long periods of time, while others have languished.

For a 12-4 prediction: let's assume the Chargers win all their LA games. That is a very significant assumption by itself, as even top teams infrequently go 8-0 at home, but let's take that as a given. Road games at NE, Dallas, NYG, Den, Oak, KC, NYJ, Jax. Which of these 4 will they win?
Jax, nyj, nyg, Denver and probably Dallas and NE
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:22 PM
HeadTrip's Avatar
HeadTrip HeadTrip is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Auburn
Posts: 17,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Jax, nyj, nyg, Denver and probably Dallas and NE
Don't forget KC and the Turds.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:29 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 32,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Don't forget KC and the Turds.
We'll probably take one of those too
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:37 PM
SD SneakKing SD SneakKing is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdawg35 View Post
I have a feeling that we will see a significant increase in the run game, so it should give PR breathing room so he doesn't get rattled as much.
This is what I have really been hoping to see for a while. Rivers is at his best with limited throws and a successful run game (not having to air it out). I really hope Anthony is ready to take the reigns and show us how much of a run expert he really is.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:39 PM
HeadTrip's Avatar
HeadTrip HeadTrip is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Auburn
Posts: 17,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
We'll probably take one of those too
15-1? Why so pessimistic Moe??
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:47 PM
SDCPB SDCPB is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: beaverton
Posts: 3,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygoboy6191 View Post
Hoping for injury prone players to not get injured is asking for a lot.
You take KA away from WR they are below average.
You take Verrett away from CB below average.
LB is a wait and see they excelled last year, but is that what they really are?
DL is strong, but it can get stronger IMO.
RB needs depth.
S is below average right now.

This team needs a grand slam draft, and I can't say TT has hit it out of the park on any drafts outside of last years.

This team has a ton of question marks right now.
You can say the same thing about a lot of other teams.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.