Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2017, 09:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
If their record was actually that good over those years, I'm surprised, and will retract my statement. It has seemed to me that the Chargers virtually never win there, and not because the Broncos were so much better. It always appears to me that the Broncos get nearly every bounce, break, and call to go their way in Denver.

The Chargers may be talented, but they have had very talented teams numerous times in the past, but could not get it done, whether regular season or the playoffs. So I discount that to a degree. Mental toughness goes a long way in the NFL, which is why some franchises have been successful for long periods of time, while others have languished.

For a 12-4 prediction: let's assume the Chargers win all their LA games. That is a very significant assumption by itself, as even top teams infrequently go 8-0 at home, but let's take that as a given. Road games at NE, Dallas, NYG, Den, Oak, KC, NYJ, Jax. Which of these 4 will they win?
It was. Rivers owned the at Denver game his first 6 years as a starter, losing only once in that time.
Check here starting at 2006, his first year as the starter and click on the next year moving forward. http://www.nfl.com/player/philiprive...gs?season=2006
To reach 12-4 they have to play well and be competitive every game. At NE is our most likely loss, at Dal will be a tough nut to crack. At Arrowhead on a cold Dec evening will take our best effort and a little luck.
They're all winnable but 16-0 isn't likely.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
It was. Rivers owned the at Denver game his first 6 years as a starter, losing only once in that time.
And the one loss in those years was the Hochuli debacle!!!

PR loves playing in Denver, along with wearing bolo ties and Rattlesnake boots!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaburrito View Post
I think the LA smog has gone to some of your heads. This team lacks talent at multiple positions - OL is a glaring need and the Okung signing is a headscratcher. They are rolling out a rookie head coach that has never had any head coaching experience at any level before last year as an interim. And some folks think 12-4?

Trippin, and I hope they are worse than last year, as long as you know who owns the team. Hurry up and move out of SD while you're at it.
Smog is so 70's.

The injuries we had and the change at HC, admittedly giving him a huge benefit of the doubt, are the basis for optimism. Another draft like last season's would certainly help
Old 04-23-2017, 12:18 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Smog is so 70's.

The injuries we had and the change at HC, admittedly giving him a huge benefit of the doubt, are the basis for optimism. Another draft like last season's would certainly help
With all due respect Moe,

That is some blind optimism.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaburrito View Post
With all due respect Moe,

That is some blind optimism.
No really, there's no more smog
Old 04-23-2017, 03:26 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
No really, there's no more smog
Easily, Post of the Day.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:44 AM
Hall of Famer

One of the main reasons Lynn is pushing for better conditioning, is to deal with LA smog.

It is literally thick as pea soup.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:18 AM
Hall of Famer

[QUOTE=Daygoboy6191;4743128]Hayward is going to play both CB spots and nickel at the same time?[/QUOTE
You said take away Verrett CB is below average, so to me that meant you thought Hayward was below average. No matter who rolls out at Nickel and Dime, don't think anyone would think our CB "Group" below average... But I guess we all have opinions
Old 04-23-2017, 06:43 AM
19 Fan

I stopped counting wins before they happened after the KC road game last year.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
They'll be nationwide on MNF @ Den Sep 11, 7:30 st, Thanksgiving day at Dal 5:30 pst and Sat Dec 16 @ KC 5:30 pst on the NFL network. That's three. I'd also keep an eye out for the Fox broadcasts Oct 1 v Phi 1:05 pst and v Buf Nov 19 at 1:05 pst.
CBS may flex LAC into some Sun night games if they are playing well.
There's the NFLN recorded broadcasts of every game. They aren't live but are the current week.
Then there's Direct TV's Sunday Ticket.
Thanks for the information. I did not check or expect the Chargers to be involved in any prime time games.

Thanks again for the information.