Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Loving the mid season bye week.

7-1, and then some rest before we run the table.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 04-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Veteran

I am very happy other than that two of the ny ny ne couldn't be put together like they do for the east coast teams. Been hoping for a thanksgiving game every time I see Dallas on the schedule so excited to go. Bye in a good spot not too much to complain about.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I got screwed every which way this season.

Both New York games are spread out.

My favorite game each season against the Broncos is October 22nd, which is the date of my wifes best friend's wedding who I am not fond for.

I can't get off New Years Eve for the other big division game.

We have a Thanksgiving game, which I can't get off.

Unbelievable. So I have to miss two home games this season unless by some miracle something happens.
Perhaps you could demonstrate your distaste for your wife's friend by going to a Chargers game on her wedding day. Lol

Old 04-20-2017, 05:47 PM
Hall of Famer

turkey game and a new years eve
Old 04-20-2017, 05:53 PM

Chargers and Rams play 3 games this year in LA at the same time. Wow.

Traffic is gonna be fun.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:53 PM
Hall of Famer

I like getting to play on turkey day.

I also was hoping we get back to back games against the New York. But the schedulers didn't make that.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Hall of Famer

served up on t'sgiving to the cowboys.

raiders at stubhub on NYE? If we're out of it that's gonna be an ugly crowd.

chiefs and jets back to back cold weather games
Old 04-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Chargers and Rams play 3 games this year in LA at the same time. Wow.

Traffic is gonna be fun.
the venues aren't anywhere close to each other.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Perhaps you could demonstrate your distaste for your wife's friend by going to a Chargers game on her wedding day. Lol
that's the play right there.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:58 PM

With the 2017 NFL schedule out of the bag, we are now that much closer to the 2017 season.

While it’s easy to look at the schedule and plot the primetime games, divisional matchups and when the bye falls, we thought we’d tip you off to some little known facts about the Los Angeles Chargers’ 2017 Schedule.

Total Mileage: From start to finish, stadium to stadium, the Chargers will lock in 30,936 miles. Their longest trip stadium-wise is to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts (2,990 miles) while the shortest is from StubHub Center to O.co Coliseum (380 miles).

Back on MNF: The Bolts open up their season at Denver in the second game on Monday Night Football. If this spot feels familiar, it is. The Chargers played on MNF to open the season three straight years from 2012-14.

Turkey Day History: The Chargers have played four Thanksgiving games, the last being in 1969. This almost 50-year drought is the longest in the NFL. It’s so long that the Bolts played all their Thanksgiving games in the AFL before the NFL merger occurred.

Opponent Connections: The Chargers will face a few former players in D.J. Fluker (New York Giants), Mike Tolbert (Buffalo Bills) and Craig Watts (New York Jets). In addition, some current Chargers will have reunions with their former teams: Russell Okung (Denver Broncos), Kenjon Barner (Philadelphia Eagles), Geremy Davis (New York Jets) and Travis Benjamin (Cleveland Browns).

Lynn Reunion: Head Coach Anthony Lynn has ties to six of the team’s 13 opponents: Denver, Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Dallas and the New York Jets. The season opener has added significance as he won two Super Bowls with the Broncos as a player, in addition to coaching there from 2000-2002.

Three-Straight Home Games: Weeks 2-4 are dominated by home matchups against the Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles respectively. The last time the Bolts had three-straight home games was in December of 2010.

To Be the Best, You Have to Beat the Best: Five of L.A.’s first eight games are against 2016 playoff teams: Miami, Kansas City, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders and the New England Patriots. This means they statistically have the hardest first half of the season based on their opponents’ 2016 records. The game against the defending Super Bowl Champions comes right before the Bolts’ bye.

A White Christmas for the Bolts?: For the third-straight season, the Chargers play on Christmas Eve. This year’s will be a cold one as they travel east to take on the New York Jets at 10:00am P.T.