Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Boltgang74

Yeah a trade up would only be an emergency option.Mel is a good player but if he becomes too enamored with himself let em walk draft his replacement.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:10 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryAW View Post
While it's an obscene amount of money to most of us, playing under a one-year tag does entail a lot of risk.
Yea, if he got a career ending injury and had to retire at age 28 with only $14M in the bank, he'd probably have to go to work at Taco Bell to make ends meet.

IMO he may not even be the perfect fit for the new D. In fact, I had wondered if they would even keep him after I read they were hiring Gus. Playing DE in a 4/3 defense may be just his cup of tea, but it's also possible it's not a good fit for him. As Joe said, there's plenty of time to before TC but I'm also sure they'd like to get him in and have him start learning his new responsibilities. Maybe he's angling for a trade to Carolina like Tolbert did a few years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Hall of Famer

I think LEO has less responsibilities. Launch with the snap, beat the block attempt, full ahead through the QB.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
I think LEO has less responsibilities. Launch with the snap, beat the block attempt, full ahead through the QB.
Sounds like Bosa to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:02 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Sounds like Bosa to me.
Bosa plays strong side mostly. His strength, foot & hand mechanics are elite. Special player vs blocking. The Bradley Leo lines up wide & is about quickness.
Mostly.
I am antsy to see this team.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:59 PM
Forever San Diego

Oh jeez... Bad news on Ingram it seems... Has this been posted yet?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-on-field-soon

Quote:
For the Chargers and Ingram, there might be reason to worry.

The Chargers have identified Ingram ($14.6M on the tag) as a potential face of the defense. Their first major story as an L.A. team likely will be that one of their top players is not in the building. And in the past, the Chargers have struggled to strike deals for players on the tag -- Vincent Jackson and Darren Sproles are recent examples.
Ingram isn't nearly the household name Bell is. But he has 18.5 sacks over the last two seasons and only two NFL players have 50-plus tackles and 8-plus sacks over the last two years -- Ingram and Raiders star Khalil Mack.
There is the added question of how being in defensive coordinator Gus Bradley's scheme will affect Ingram. But unlike Bell, Ingram might have a template for a deal. Jones, who plays the same position, signed a five-year, $82.5-million deal ($16.5M per year) with the Cardinals earlier this offseason. Pierre-Paul signed a four-year, $62-million deal ($15.5M per year), though that might not be a great comparison because he was injured at the time.
We seem to hate paying out big contracts to guys not named Phillip Rivers... This news has me worried.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:07 PM
Control The LOS

Words cannot describe how much I hate it when this organization can't come to terms with its star players.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post

We seem to hate paying out big contracts to guys not named Phillip Rivers... This news has me worried.
I take it you mean no news has you worried. We know Ingram has been non-exclusive Franchise tagged and that he hasn't signed it yet. I'd expect Melvin's agent is beating the bushes to see if any other team wants Ingram bad enough to surrender two 1st round choices to the LAC if they are successful. They have until Jul 15 to negotiate a contract. This also impacts estimates of his worth in contract terms if MI cannot find a competitive suitor. I'd be surprised if a deal isn't done in time for TC. Both sides get the best deal by signing a contract.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:18 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post

We have paid players. And when they don't work out the forum complains. People that we have paid in the past includes Gates, Weddle, Liuget, Hardwick, etc.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 05-31-2017, 07:48 PM
more mojo please

ive gone back and fourth on ingram
His motivation worries me
His fit in gus' system worries me
Bottom line, he's a damn good passrusher
Who has stayed healthy the past 2 years

Pay the man!!

Okung Lamp Slauson Feeney Barksdale