Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you want the Chargers to play in SD for 3 years before they move to LA?
Yes 16 48.48%
No 17 51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2017, 01:08 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
The home opener @ 52,165. Fans were over the season before it started.
So 20,000 fans + or - more than what Stub Hub offers on the worst week... I don't see how you can sugar coat any kind of delay... Charger's staying at Stub Hub for anytime longer than projected just seems real bad to me and somewhat hypocritical. Not much Spanos can do I guess...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:29 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
So 20,000 fans + or - more than what Stub Hub offers on the worst week... I don't see how you can sugar coat any kind of delay... Charger's staying at Stub Hub for anytime longer than projected just seems real bad to me and somewhat hypocritical. Not much Spanos can do I guess...
Where does hypocrisy come in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:51 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
LA scheduled to host Super Bowl LV. The stadium has to be open and functioning for two years prior to the game.

The NFL will have to give them a waiver or move the Super Bowl to another host city.
They will give Kroenke a waiver just as they gave a waiver to NYC/NJ despite the site not meeting the temperature requirements necessary to host a Super Bowl (minimum average temperature of 50 degrees during Super Bowl week).

That's what a $2.4 billion stadium self-financed by Kroenke will get you.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.

Last edited by JoeMcRugby; 05-19-2017 at 02:16 PM..
Old 05-19-2017, 02:04 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Where does hypocrisy come in?
If attendance was ever part of the issue than it plays a part, if the only problem was aesthetics then I guess it means nothing.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:20 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
If attendance was ever part of the issue than it plays a part, if the only problem was aesthetics then I guess it means nothing.
Well neither of those was the issue.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Well neither of those was the issue.
They both played a part...

Old 05-19-2017, 05:24 PM
First member of the board

Maybe they'll move back to SD now - I hear the stadium in SD is available.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:58 PM
Veteran

From the pro football talk article link below:

"As noted by Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (via SportsBusiness Daily), the Rams also will be required to host an international game in 2019, under the rule that every team playing in a temporary stadium must play a home game internationally.

This rule will apply to the Chargers, too. They escaped hosting an international game in 2017 because the teams were picked before the Chargers left San Diego for the 30,000-seat StubHub Center. They’ll have to host games in 2018 and 2019 in London or elsewhere.

The Chargers, while at their temporary L.A. home, will have little or no home-field advantage for three years instead of two — and they’ll have the diminished revenue that comes from not having a full complement of seats and suites."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/19/chargers-rams-both-lose-over-stadium-delay/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

Old 05-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
The Chargers, while at their temporary L.A. home, will have little or no home-field advantage for three years instead of two
How does Florio come to this conclusion before a game has been played at StubHub???

Chargers season ticket holders pretty much hold a monopoly on all of the seats at StubHub, which coincidentally is the type of stadium that the SD media is selling its soul to promote these days. If the Chargers won't have a home-field advantage at StubHub, how the heck will the Aztecs have one in "Soccer City"???

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:13 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
How does Florio come to this conclusion before a game has been played at StubHub???

Chargers season ticket holders pretty much hold a monopoly on all of the seats at StubHub, which coincidentally is the type of stadium that the SD media is selling its soul to promote these days. If the Chargers won't have a home-field advantage at StubHub, how the heck will the Aztecs have one in "Soccer City"???
There are 30,000 season ticket holders? How are the 2 stadiums and teams even remotely comparable? Aztecs aren't the ones that moved to a rival city where they have a less than 1% fanbase...