Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

Exclamation Forum Moderation Feedback, Questions & Answers

Joel and the mods talked about this and we have decided to start a feedback thread about moderating decisions.

In the past, we have preferred to use the PM system to answer such questions, but now we are willing to discuss and take into account constructive criticism about procedures and actions in an open forum.

If you have a question about merging or closing threads, this will be a good place to get a clarification. Just please provide a link.

As a note, the rules are more or less the same as they always have been: profanity or abbreviated profanity, sexual language is prohibited.

Namecalling and personal attacks of other posters or Chargers personnel is also against the rules.

Anyway, we want you guys (and gals) to have fun, discuss Chargers issues and commune with other fans. The team-sanctioned sports message board is a very unique service, and we just want make sure you get the best experience on the Chargers forums as possible.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 PM
BuenoExcelente

See I was just about to ask about why this thread was closed~~~> http://forums.chargers.com/showthrea...t=51586&page=2
and I went back and read your last post. I did not realize it had gone far off topic.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoExcelente View Post
See I was just about to ask about why this thread was closed~~~> http://forums.chargers.com/showthrea...t=51586&page=2
and I went back and read your last post. I did not realize it had gone far off topic.
A good example to start with, Bueno.

There wasn't enough substance before it went on-topic to keep it open, IMO.

Also keep in mind, we do change titles. We do this to help you get more people to read your post.

When we see a title like "Here's something interesting..." we would rather give the majority of readers the opportunity to know what a thread is about. A compelling, specific title will get more people to read and comment what you wrote.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:48 PM
BuenoExcelente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
A good example to start with, Bueno.

There wasn't enough substance before it went on-topic to keep it open, IMO.

Also keep in mind, we do change titles. We do this to help you get more people to read your post.

When we see a title like "Here's something interesting..." we would rather give the majority of readers the opportunity to know what a thread is about. A compelling, specific title will get more people to read and comment what you wrote.
Gotcha. So its better to put a topic that stands out and is more to the point than put a LOT of info in the initial thread body and put a weak topic?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:51 PM
BuenoExcelente

BTW...I believe the personal interaction and 'fanship' of the mods in here that make this forum so much better than the other team forums I have visited.
You are all not just ghostly figures that sneak in and out of the night. LOL
Old 01-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Ahoy Ser Davos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoExcelente View Post
BTW...I believe the personal interaction and 'fanship' of the mods in here that make this forum so much better than the other team forums I have visited.
You are all not just ghostly figures that sneak in and out of the night. LOL
SWOOSH! oops...

Old 01-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Thanks for stoping the violence and increasing the peace around here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:01 PM

So I suppose a public exposure of tar and feathers is out of the question.

Oh well, I will stand behind my Mods and let them do as they see fit.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
SWOOSH! oops...

That Silly moderator is pretty stealthy! <evil little grin> Good to see this thread - but for my opinion Y'all need to keep doing what you've already been doing. Guess you got tired of having to explain the same thing over, and over, and over via PMs?

Currently the limit of 50 posts before one can create a thread is a good decision, (although I would still vote for 100 or more), but I sure wish there was a way to limit the number of new threads one user can create within a weeks time (particularly when s/he is just continually duplicating something already under discussion). I'm sure I'm not the only user on here that uses the "New Posts" function and find it pretty irritating after a while. I know from personal experience its a bit of a task to constantly have to merge threads and then get a mess of PM's wanting to know "what happened to my thread?"...
Old 01-19-2008, 03:00 PM
sunbiz1

Default Software Providers

Hi

We are experiencing some difficulties with our software on the Bears MB. I was wondering if one of you could please tell me who your provider is for this MB. Ours is American Eagle, and their contract is up in September.

Thanks,

Biz
Quote:
Joel and the mods talked about this and we have decided to start a feedback thread about moderating decisions.

In the past, we have preferred to use the PM system to answer such questions, but now we are willing to discuss and take into account constructive criticism about procedures and actions in an open forum.

If you have a question about merging or closing threads, this will be a good place to get a clarification. Just please provide a link.

As a note, the rules are more or less the same as they always have been: profanity or abbreviated profanity, sexual language is prohibited.

Namecalling and personal attacks of other posters or Chargers personnel is also against the rules.

Anyway, we want you guys (and gals) to have fun, discuss Chargers issues and commune with other fans. The team-sanctioned sports message board is a very unique service, and we just want make sure you get the best experience on the Chargers forums as possible.