Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Was waiting for this.

#freewoodeye2000
The woodenone has been free since yesterday.

#tryandkeepup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 08-08-2016, 10:00 AM
When all else fails

Isn't posting a Lego video in an "overrated, underrated" thread derailing the thread? Where's the warning for doing so?

I received "this is your last chance" warning for personally attacking a poster for saying "I'm done with you" yet the mods can derail anything they want and high five one another when doing so.

It's a no wonder the off topic thread which used to have 100 pages of posts in one day is down to 100 posts in a year. Things never change with the rules, the mods and more importantly, this team. What's that definition of insanity again?
Old 08-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
BB4L....I live/post mostly in the Denver Smack Section of the CMB, and I have to say that is the greatest analogy I have ever seen....I have to acknowledge that at the risk of being sent to Cabo by the Mods..Although I am not trolling here, but acknowledging a beautiful post, I will probably be punished....You see I'm a hunted man out here if I say anything, but in praise of my detractors, they, the Mods, do let me have fun in the Smack Section and for that I am thankful to them....These boards are for entertainment and should never be taken too seriously...Good luck son.
Who the hell is going to "hunt" the only free hot dog giver outer that we know ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The Mods are ruthless, not stupid.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Who the hell is going to "hunt" the only free hot dog giver outer that we know ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The Mods are ruthless, not stupid.
Yeah! What he said!!

If there is mustard, of course. If not ...

Old 08-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Yeah! What he said!!

If there is mustard, of course. If not ...
No mustard and I would hunt him down like a pack of wolves.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
No mustard and I would hunt him down like a pack of wolves.
I'd hunt him down WITH a pack of wolves.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
Yes, the could have started at 70% - they also could have started a 0% or 100% or anything in between.

It's already been established and pointed out to you that two of the teams NEVER put offset language in ANY of their contracts - even before the current CBA. They are hardly "the norm".

It's already been established that the #1 pick agreed to the offer that the Eagles made - which included both offset language AND less than 100% - so even though the #1 pick didn't go to the Eagles and instead went to a team that NEVER adds offset language - the fact remains that he still would have gladly accepted the Eagles conditions. So again, trying to use what he got from a team that is an outlier isn't any kind of "norm" or market setting position.

That having been said, try taking an honest, realistic look at the numbers and situation for a change. If you must in order to be objective, pretend Weddle posted the following.

Reality is that for the most part, the main guiding principals in NFL contracts for draft picks is a slotting system. You can argue that point all you want, but look at the total $ amounts of the contracts. Look at the $ amount of the signing bonuses. Now go look at the numbers for all of the other contracts from first to last. Then ponder why it's often reported and said that "team A is waiting to see what the pick above/below get before continuing negotiations (or in some cases even starting them). Slotting... (side note: even if you stubbornly refuse to accept that, the numbers which follow still stand on their own for several important points.)

Now let's look at this specific situation. The pick before Bosa got 94% and the one after Bosa got 64% (your numbers in the post above).

Now - the Bosa side of things said "nope, we want 100%." So their original starting position (which they haven't moved off of 1 scintilla) is wanting 6% MORE than the guy drafted before him (whom also happens to be a QB, whom historically are more highly valued and tend to be exceptions to the rule in contract negotiations due to the 'scarcity factor').

How wanting more than the guy drafted above you is "a great position" and is NOT a "slap in the face" to the Chargers is absurd when you take the positions you have.

On the other hand, let's just say (in this case nobody in the media or a regular poster knows for sure) that the figure of 60% by the Chargers is correct. That is only 4% lower than the amount garnered by the player picked immediately after him.

Now ponder that a moment... Bosa's initial position is 6% higher than the guy drafted just before him received. The Chargers latest position would be 4% lower than the guy drafted just after him. The Chargers' offer would be "fairer" or "better" - since Bosa's position is 50% farther away from the slotted amount than the Chargers' position is.

Yet you somehow 'rationalize' that "Bosa's position is GREAT" and the Chargers' position is a "slap in the face" not even worthy of a counter offer. And you wonder why many consider it an inane viewpoint...

To further illustrate the point - if the Chargers had made the even lower offer of 58%, they would have been exactly the same distance below the amount the next lower draft pick received as the Bosa side is above what the next higher draft pick received.

Forget the TVs, the houses, and all the other red herrings thrown about - and simply look at the NFL situation as it stands.
You're wrong. Basically always. And you're a troll. The moment I respond to your points in seriousness, as I have already, I'll get back personal attacks. From the mod who bans people for less. I've asked you to not respond to my posts, because for some reason you're allowed to be a moderator and I can't put moderators on ignore.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:40 PM
When all else fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
You're wrong. Basically always. And you're a troll. The moment I respond to your points in seriousness, as I have already, I'll get back personal attacks. From the mod who bans people for less. I've asked you to not respond to my posts, because for some reason you're allowed to be a moderator and I can't put moderators on ignore.
Don't even go there bro, not worth it and your posts are enjoyed by most and it's worth having you around.

He gave me my "last" warning two days ago for "attacking" someone when all I literally said was "I'm done with you"

I have no idea how he's a mod as the others are at least respectful and explain their stance to make it make some sense. Silly had the people he dislikes, you and me being one of them, and for some reason he gets away with attacking us daily. All good, hopefully some day he and I can meet, shake hands like men and then have a beer
Old 08-08-2016, 07:55 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
I haven't seen a "in seriousness" out of you yet. How you perceive any "personal attacks" in the post you quoted is beyond reasoning. How you don't perceive them in a number of your responses is even further into the void.

As far as me "not responding" - if you don't want a response, don't post. If you post, expect responses from time to time. This is an open forum for discussion.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
Don't even go there bro, not worth it and your posts are enjoyed by most and it's worth having you around.

He gave me my "last" warning two days ago for "attacking" someone when all I literally said was "I'm done with you"

I have no idea how he's a mod as the others are at least respectful and explain their stance to make it make some sense. Silly had the people he dislikes, you and me being one of them, and for some reason he gets away with attacking us daily. All good, hopefully some day he and I can meet, shake hands like men and then have a beer
He got so frustrated with me over the Weddle arguments that he started deleting my posts. Then he found an excuse to ban for a week, but wouldn't admit that it was him who did it or tell me why. I had to go through Tom. It's an utter joke that he's still allowed to be a moderator. He says things all the time that he'd ban others for if he didn't like them.

What's the point in debating someone who will ban you or delete your arguments once he gets mad?