Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:28 AM
ChargingBolts's Avatar
ChargingBolts ChargingBolts is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 807
Default

Interesting statistic here;

Since Rivers became a starter in 2006:

Passing yardage:

5. Ben 42k (41,808)
4. Eli 43k (43,409)
3. Brady 44k (43,547)
2. Rivers 46k (45,685)
1. Brees 54k (53,763)

My take on this is that Rivers is very under appreciated and under rated ... and so is the ex Charger Drew Brees, I mean wow, he is blowing everyone away, not a fluke.

Oh, and for any Aaron Rodgers lovers out there, he came into the league in 06 but since he became a starter in 08 here are the stats since 08 as well:

6. Ben 35k (35,141)
5. Brady 35k (35,212)
4. Rodgers 35k (35,498)
3. Eli 36k (35,829)
2. Rivers 39k (39,145)
1. Brees 45k (44,922)

Rivers is 3 years younger than Brees. 4 years younger than Brady. Same age as Ben & Eli. 2 years older than Rodgers.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Chargeroo's Avatar
Chargeroo Chargeroo is offline
First member of the board
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Salem
Posts: 29,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
Interesting statistic here;

Since Rivers became a starter in 2006:

Passing yardage:

5. Ben 42k (41,808)
4. Eli 43k (43,409)
3. Brady 44k (43,547)
2. Rivers 46k (45,685)
1. Brees 54k (53,763)

My take on this is that Rivers is very under appreciated and under rated ... and so is the ex Charger Drew Brees, I mean wow, he is blowing everyone away, not a fluke.

Oh, and for any Aaron Rodgers lovers out there, he came into the league in 06 but since he became a starter in 08 here are the stats since 08 as well:

6. Ben 35k (35,141)
5. Brady 35k (35,212)
4. Rodgers 35k (35,498)
3. Eli 36k (35,829)
2. Rivers 39k (39,145)
1. Brees 45k (44,922)

Rivers is 3 years younger than Brees. 4 years younger than Brady. Same age as Ben & Eli. 2 years older than Rodgers.
Nice dig! Very interesting stats. I had zero idea that Eli had more yards than Ben, Brady, and Rodgers.
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-17-2017, 02:47 PM
kraig1's Avatar
kraig1 kraig1 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: kingston
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargingBolts View Post
Interesting statistic here;

Since Rivers became a starter in 2006:

Passing yardage:

5. Ben 42k (41,808)
4. Eli 43k (43,409)
3. Brady 44k (43,547)
2. Rivers 46k (45,685)
1. Brees 54k (53,763)

My take on this is that Rivers is very under appreciated and under rated ... and so is the ex Charger Drew Brees, I mean wow, he is blowing everyone away, not a fluke.

Oh, and for any Aaron Rodgers lovers out there, he came into the league in 06 but since he became a starter in 08 here are the stats since 08 as well:

6. Ben 35k (35,141)
5. Brady 35k (35,212)
4. Rodgers 35k (35,498)
3. Eli 36k (35,829)
2. Rivers 39k (39,145)
1. Brees 45k (44,922)

Rivers is 3 years younger than Brees. 4 years younger than Brady. Same age as Ben & Eli. 2 years older than Rodgers.
But if you don't win,.... But nice though.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:20 PM
ChargingBolts's Avatar
ChargingBolts ChargingBolts is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraig1 View Post
But if you don't win,.... But nice though.
Yes it hurts that every QB on that list has at least 1 ring except for my favorite .. oh well .. his are coming!!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Raider Disliker Raider Disliker is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,916
Default

Have none of you heard of Tobin Rote?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-05-2018, 01:07 AM
ltinabottle ltinabottle is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 4,387
Default

Interesting...I wasn't around back in 63. I thought John Hadl led the Chargers to a championship over the Boston Patriots. Who is Tobin Rote? Jeopardy answer.

Good to hear from you Raider Disliker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Disliker View Post
Have none of you heard of Tobin Rote?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-06-2018, 08:23 PM
Raider Disliker Raider Disliker is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Interesting...I wasn't around back in 63. I thought John Hadl led the Chargers to a championship over the Boston Patriots. Who is Tobin Rote? Jeopardy answer.

Good to hear from you Raider Disliker.
Tobin Rote, who started playing NFL football in 1950, played 3 years in the CFL, led the San Diego Chargers to an 11-3 divisional record and an ultimate 51-10 Championship victory over the Boston Patriots. John Had was a rookie learning the ropes. Rote came out of retirement in 1966 to play 3 games for the Denver Broncos.

As such, he is the ONLY Chargers quarterback to play his team to a championship victory. Not that I don't respect "Stan the Man" Humphries.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-23-2018, 09:12 AM
powderblueboy powderblueboy is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Inglewood
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
The greatest mistake in Charger history in my opinion.

We have a long, strange history of just carelessly discarding assets.

Jack Kemp.
Larry Little.
Fred Dean.
Wes Welker.
Darren Sproles.
Vincent Jackson.
Don't forget Jim Lachey woodeye - he also wanted too much money.
They traded him to the Raiders for heavens sake for a bag of Napolean peanuts & some fat guy ~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.