Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 07:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
It is really early for me in looking at the draft, but I get the sense that the answer to the OT question isn't to be found early in this draft. So do you keep Okung and his high cost another year, or look to FA's.....or find that middle round OT that makes you a GM star ? Tough question....

I would not over pay for TW......5.5/4 years....or let some GM pay way too much for far to little. I am of the belief that TW is a product of his surroundings.....he will fall off the face of the earth if he goes to another team. I would not draft a replacement either.....see what Cantrell adds to the WR group. Bolts are not lacking in that group.....

DT and FS needs to happen, and they need to be quality......make that happen and you could get away with less than at MLB.....
I think we're forced to keep Okung. Paying another free agent OT can be pricey and you never know what production, or chemistry, you'll get. Especially hard to get a bonafide LT. Teams don't let those go too often. And I wouldn't start any of the 2019 draft OT's at LT immediately. Let them adjust to the speed of the game first.

Cantrell will need to develop. Remember, it took TW a while to develop too. Even MW took one and a half years to start catching on and develop PR's trust. TB looked good last game. I wonder if he steps up in TW's absence...? If there is no confidence in TB's ability, maybe you cut TB and use the salary to re-sign TW...? So sad to let TW go now that PR and him have chemistry. But you are probably right... someone will overpay for him.
4. Kalen Ballage RB
5. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo SAM
6. Andre Smith MIKE
7. Matthew Thomas WILL
Old Today, 07:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
It is really early for me in looking at the draft, but I get the sense that the answer to the OT question isn't to be found early in this draft. So do you keep Okung and his high cost another year, or look to FA's.....or find that middle round OT that makes you a GM star ? Tough question....

I would not over pay for TW......5.5/4 years....or let some GM pay way too much for far to little. I am of the belief that TW is a product of his surroundings.....he will fall off the face of the earth if he goes to another team. I would not draft a replacement either.....see what Cantrell adds to the WR group. Bolts are not lacking in that group.....

DT and FS needs to happen, and they need to be quality......make that happen and you could get away with less than at MLB.....
Yep...if Twill is smart enough to sign a team-friendly deal, great. If not, let him go...we're still stacked at wideout, and Rivers has proved he can even make a journeyman WR like Inman or Tutu look good, so even if we need to pick up a FA or UDFA wideout for depth, Rivers will make it work...I'd rather invest the big bucks in a blue chip DT, FS or OT...

Old Today, 09:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
I think we're forced to keep Okung. Paying another free agent OT can be pricey and you never know what production, or chemistry, you'll get. Especially hard to get a bonafide LT. Teams don't let those go too often. And I wouldn't start any of the 2019 draft OT's at LT immediately. Let them adjust to the speed of the game first.

Cantrell will need to develop. Remember, it took TW a while to develop too. Even MW took one and a half years to start catching on and develop PR's trust. TB looked good last game. I wonder if he steps up in TW's absence...? If there is no confidence in TB's ability, maybe you cut TB and use the salary to re-sign TW...? So sad to let TW go now that PR and him have chemistry. But you are probably right... someone will overpay for him.
I agree on Okung, but I would be looking around. I hate to commit that much to him, and I get this feeling he craps out next year, making the cost all the more painful.

TT needs to just find that mid round OT that comes into camp and takes that starting position.....rare, but they are out there every now and then.

Cantrell needs to just get put into the WR pot.....see what he becomes. Bolts are fine at WR, even with TW out of the picture, if that comes about. If TW actually makes it to FA, he will get offered more from other teams. I am hoping he is smart enough to recognize he isn't a true #1, and just stays where he has had some success, and might get a ring.....even if it is for less money.

Old Today, 09:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Yep...if Twill is smart enough to sign a team-friendly deal, great. If not, let him go...we're still stacked at wideout, and Rivers has proved he can even make a journeyman WR like Inman or Tutu look good, so even if we need to pick up a FA or UDFA wideout for depth, Rivers will make it work...I'd rather invest the big bucks in a blue chip DT, FS or OT...

I hope TW stays, as I think it is the best move for him, and the Bolts both. Of course I cannot blame any player for taking the money.....short window of earning and all. His call, no malice from me either way....