Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltgang74 View Post
What I mean is I hope the McCain situation hasn't come about thru poor managerial desicion making or even worse pride.
Doubt its because of bad managerial decisions in all likelihood it's been withdrawn because the player wasn't going to sign it.

This could of been for several reasons, one may be that the player wanted more money than offered. Alternatively the player may have wanted more security I.e longer term offer. Or thirdly the role they offered the player next season might not meet the players desired team role I.e Wiggins situation.

1st Rashaan Evans LB
2nd Harrison Phillips DT
3rd Jamarco Jones OT
4th Nick Nelson CB
5th Nyheim Hines RB/WR
6th Eddy Pineiro K
7th BPA
Old 04-29-2018, 12:07 PM
All-Pro

They don't need McCain so much now; but it would be nice to have a 4rth option. I thought McCain wore down last season - he's awfully thin.

Resigning him and reducing his snaps to keep him healthy (as a 4rth option) wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't know if there is room for him.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:16 PM
All-Pro

Has everyone given up on getting Hankins, or even Bennie Logan?

They'd have to cut Square to make room; Mebane might be done. I wasn't crazy about either one last year, although Mebane brings leadership to the locker room.

If Hankins too expensive, get Bennie Logan on the cheap & have him split time with Mebane. Logan is at least a nasty sob.

oops! Logan was just signed.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:41 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderblueboy View Post
Has everyone given up on getting Hankins, or even Bennie Logan?

They'd have to cut Square to make room; Mebane might be done. I wasn't crazy about either one last year, although Mebane brings leadership to the locker room.

If Hankins too expensive, get Bennie Logan on the cheap & have him split time with Mebane. Logan is at least a nasty sob.

oops! Logan was just signed.
Hankins might still be doable since we saved some money on Liuget's extension and McCain's tender withdrawal. If we get Hankins, then Mebane may be the one that is cut since he cost more.

The nice thing is that TT seems to do really well with after draft free agent pick ups ie. Brandon Flowers in 2014 and Boston last year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 04-30-2018, 11:27 AM
All-Pro

Hankins on the market is perplexing to me...he must be pricing himself out of consideration, though I'm not entirely sure we ever considered him as a fit...Gus seems very specific in the type of players he likes, as far as measureables and skill set.

Another possibility is he is looking long term, and my guess is we are wanting more of a one year rental/ let's see how you fit deal.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:08 PM
& ramblin' man

gonna vote for Alan Branch @NT going forward,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:46 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
Hankins on the market is perplexing to me...he must be pricing himself out of consideration, though I'm not entirely sure we ever considered him as a fit...Gus seems very specific in the type of players he likes, as far as measureables and skill set.

Another possibility is he is looking long term, and my guess is we are wanting more of a one year rental/ let's see how you fit deal.
from a football perspective, why wouldn't hankins be a fit?
Old 11-15-2018, 03:35 AM
Didn't see that coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuMoon View Post
With the Legion of Boom pretty much gone. Any chance we could pry Bobby Wagner away?
Just talking to myself ...TT should've pulled the trigger back when I first posted this idea. Too bad none of his staff reads the CMB. Seattle will have no need for Wagner once they get eliminated from the playoff hunt in the coming weeks. Carry on...
Old 11-28-2018, 12:00 AM
& ramblin' man

Verrett 4 Ramsey straight up,

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...htmlstory.html