Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
You are very general in your opinion. Since this thread is regards DL, allegedly the NFL's best, who among Bosa-Mebane -Liuget-Ingram fills the DL with marginal, poorly coached (? we haven't seen them play for this DC), low talented players?
I think he was being sarcastic.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
"Denny made his mark in ways far beyond being an outstanding football coach," the Vikings said in a statement. "He mentored countless players and served as a father figure for the men he coached. Denny founded the Vikings Community Tuesday Program, a critical initiative that is now implemented across the entire NFL. He took great pride in helping assistant coaches advance their careers. His tenure as one of the first African-American head coaches in both college and the NFL was also transformative."

Mike Tice, who served on Green's staff in Minnesota and succeeded him as head coach, called Green a "great motivator of men."

"Great teacher of coaches. Excellent eye for talent," Tice said. "I hadn't seen Denny in years, but I find myself quoting him: 'Plan your work and work your plan.' He taught me a lot."

Robert Smith, a Fox college football analyst and former Vikings running back, posted his grief over Green's death on Twitter.

Quarterback Kurt Warner, who joined the Cardinals in 2005, tweeted his thoughts on Green's death.

"We are saddened to hear the news of Dennis Green's passing," Troy Vincent, the NFL executive vice president of football operations, said in a statement. "Denny was a terrific head coach and inspired his players on and off the field. He helped pave the way for minority coaches and recently served as a key advisor on the NFL's Career Development Advisory Panel. On behalf of the NFL, our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Green family."

Sportswriter Larry Fitzgerald Sr., the father of Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he spoke with Green on Thursday.

"Denny was my guy," Fitzgerald said. "He gave me the opportunity to host and produce his radio show eight years ago."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ch-dies-age-67

You still spelled Dennis wrong........

runs and hides

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I agree to a large extent but I'm leery of our Safety position. I remember well the very strong defense the Bolts had when they went to the Super Bowl and got blown out. That defense was strong everywhere except at Safety and the Niners went right after those two Safeties. Incidentally, they had done the same thing just a few weeks earlier in a lregular season game. Good offensive co-coordinator's will find your weakness and go after it. I hope they have two better Safeties from among the new players they brought in this off-season.
And Rodney Harrison, in his rookie year, was on the bench! Whenever he did make it on the field that year he made plays. I liked Darren Carrington though.

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Kenny Graham.
Darren Carrington.
Steve Gregory.
The list of great Chargers safeties is growing...

Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
I think he was being sarcastic.
Pretty certain SJ read post 12.......

GO BOLTS !