Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Sounds like some solid Bleacher Report material.

Hey, we agree on something!

Yes, hitting on our first picks will be a lot easier and more profitable if we pick in the top 10 of each round, rather than the bottom 10.
I would rather not trade down, but if we did, I would only trade down if we were able to pick up 2 1st round picks in return. I believe the Rams have two picks. Maybe if Joeckel is still on the board they would trade up with us for him. Then we draft someone like Fischer and Warmack in the first.

Totally unrealistic, but I would be happy with this.

...Or we could just draft Joeckel

Meh
Old 12-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Lets not forget the Raiders and KC will probably be picking ahead of us. They have Oline and QB needs too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Lets not forget the Raiders and KC will probably be picking ahead of us. They have Oline and QB needs too.
KC doesn't need Oline and Jared Veldheer is pretty decent usually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sean of BSX
Old 12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Yeah, KC biggest hole is QB, that is really what holding that team back from being a playoff contender. Oakland's offensive line isn't great, but their defense is absolutely atrocious......they need help in all phases of that unit.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermouse View Post
I would rather not trade down, but if we did, I would only trade down if we were able to pick up 2 1st round picks in return. I believe the Rams have two picks. Maybe if Joeckel is still on the board they would trade up with us for him. Then we draft someone like Fischer and Warmack in the first.

Totally unrealistic, but I would be happy with this.

...Or we could just draft Joeckel
As much as I want Joeckel, I would definitely leverage his presence on the board if it meant Fisher/Warmack. But having any kind of certainty that they'd be around is the challenge.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Branden Albert has developed into one of the league's best at LT and Veldheer has progressed very well. I predict QB and pass rusher for KC and OAK respectively.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Embrace the Sadness :'(

Quote:
Does your ego need a little massaging today T4?
lol, not really. I distinctly remember a lot of people telling me I was crazy. They had Duke Robinson as the #1 OG, Kraig Ubrik as the #2, and Herman Johnson as the #3 until he was exposed at the senior bowl. And I had told everyone that Andy Levitre was the #1 OG on my board. And when we took Vasquez, most on the CMB told me he would be better than Levitre when I said I had wished we would've selected Levitre earlier.

Levitre is just one of those guys, that literally, the whole draft board was against me on. But those were the days before you, JH23, SD61 were around. Back when it was just me, Ironpump, BoltJolt, RMAncil, and SanDiegoRon posting a lot in Draft Talk. A lot of the GD'ers didn't agree with my opinions lol
Old 12-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Draft This Man

I actually tried to understand the draft at that point, and was a reader of the CMB. Of course, I was 12 and had no idea about the draft aside from being happy Denver passed on Orakpo.

sean of BSX
Old 12-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Green text is the worst

I wasn't as invested that season. More of a casual observer. But I'm just giving you grief T4.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:58 AM
RIP Seau

Quote:
A lot of fans are going to want us to somehow trade around and get enough picks that we get address all our needs in the top two rounds. It's not realistic. And our first is going to be worth sooooo much more than their 2nd, 3rd, and Jones. If we trade back at all (I don't want to), it should only be a few slots so we can still land some upper echelon talent.
As long as we get a OT, I think we can survive with the rest of the O line the way it is for one more year and maybe sign a OG. Its not realistic to overhaul a whole O line in one year.