Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2017, 11:04 AM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
So ... the Mighty 1090 announced today that it will be covering the Chargers this year.

Wonder if Kaplan has had a stroke yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Funny -- I was thinking today about what the heck they would do. That station has been lost and adrift. Might as well follow the Chargers and hope that there are still fans in SD.
They are probably getting the statistics back now that San Diego is still primarily a Chargers town when it comes to the NFL. The ones that are overly bitter are just the loudest.

I wonder if 1090 is going to have a talking with Kaplan and Marty Caswell.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Rookie

I certainly would enjoy a positive coverage format. However, if the coverage is going to continue to be (or even occasionally) "bitter", I won't have any of it. I really want to continue listening to 1090 but it won't take much for another radio channel to step up and take the fans hearts.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
So ... the Mighty 1090 announced today that it will be covering the Chargers this year.

Wonder if Kaplan has had a stroke yet?
Well, that's good. At least I will still be able to log on their site and listen to the games if I want. I prefer watching games to listening, and usually only have listened to the later parts of Charger games.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:38 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerJoe View Post
I certainly would enjoy a positive coverage format. However, if the coverage is going to continue to be (or even occasionally) "bitter", I won't have any of it. I really want to continue listening to 1090 but it won't take much for another radio channel to step up and take the fans hearts.
Yeah... 1090 is pretty dead to me. They lost the Padres... which blows because now I can't listen to them in the IE. But the negativity with respect to the Bolts was downright terrible last season. I can't believe that there is no radio station that is taking any ownership over Bolt News. There isn't even a 2-3 hour window that I am aware of. It just sux.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Well listening to Scott and BR this week. They are finally moving on from berating the Chargers. They talked about concussions at the pop warner level. Brought parents, pros and community coaches in to talk about how the equipment compares now vs back in the day, went over policies and medical attention.

They continue to talk Aztecs basketball and football and cover Padres baseball. I don't always listen to them. Just every once in awhile.

Dan Sileo has moved on. Thank goodness he was so irritating to listen to when the Bolts we're still in town.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Yeah... 1090 is pretty dead to me. They lost the Padres... which blows because now I can't listen to them in the IE. But the negativity with respect to the Bolts was downright terrible last season. I can't believe that there is no radio station that is taking any ownership over Bolt News. There isn't even a 2-3 hour window that I am aware of. It just sux.
The only one that slightly does is Nick Hardwick. But 1090 not having any show is so dumb busness wise. TV ratings proved there is a still somewhat of a market for Chargers. It's just the ones who were extra hurt by the move that bark the loudest.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:29 AM
THE END IS NEAR :(

its funny that 1090 use to have the big teams on their station like the padres and san diego st..both left and they replace it with the little minor league teams , university san deigo football/basketball and the gulls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Yeah... 1090 is pretty dead to me. They lost the Padres... which blows because now I can't listen to them in the IE.
I too would listen to padres game on radio when on 1090..and they also got rid of jim rome show last week which is kinda sad since jims show started in the old 690 in san diego..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Dan Sileo has moved on.
heard people calling in the s&br show yesterday saying how sileos new show sucked..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.