Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2017, 02:15 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Back View Post
Not sure what 2,000 fans for a draft party means. They are the new kids on the block so there is some interest with respect to that. However, they still need to present a winning product to generate enough interest for the LA fan base to invest their time and money with the team.
It would have been a hell of a lot more if there was room. It sold out really fast.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:25 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
It would have been a hell of a lot more if there was room. It sold out really fast.

Not to mention the entire place was rented out and filled to the brim. It was so amazing and so much fun.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Rookie

Bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Massive population exposure, instantly. Tv rights would be through the roof, based upon mass population and related ratings.

Endorsement city USA. West Coast monster vs New York East Coast Monster. Spotlight. Hollywood, celebrities, and stars. Media exposure. The bigger your domain, the greater the opportunity to cash in on the fantasy and reality of the NFL. That L.A. stadium will make money for whichever team plays there, but the big picture is that it will serve as the show biz platform for the league. Think concerts and entertainment laden with NFL endorsers such as Hyundai, Visa and Microsoft.

Location, location, location.

San Diego is a backwater town in the scheme of pro sports markets.

"...I think you overestimate their chances!"-Grand Moff Tarkin
Old 03-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Default Stadium Construction Video

https://www.facebook.com/Rams/videos/10156773992138484/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:15 PM
HOFer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Must admit I am looking forward to that stadium. It will be a far better fan experience than the Murph. My girl and I are planning to come down for both the Faders & Donkey games when it opens.

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Old 03-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Will the stadium have a retractable roof or will it be purely indoors?
Old 03-20-2018, 06:41 AM
HOFer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
Will the stadium have a retractable roof or will it be purely indoors?
The roof is all clear glass and is open for air flow at the endzone ends at least.

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Old 03-29-2018, 07:00 PM
PR>Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightdogs View Post
1. The move to the L.A. market probably increases the value of the franchise by at least 50%. So if they are worth 2 billion in San Diego, they will be worth 3 billion in L.A. Immediately. Without playing a game.

2. Moving to L.A means that some of the Chargers San Diego fans will stop following them and going to games. So new fans in the L.A. area need to be developed. Playing in a smaller stadium requires less overhead expense than whatever their lease expense was here in San Diego. So they save on operational expenses while they grow their new market, and wait for the final stadium to be completed.

So with number 1, they increase their franchises value immediately. With number 2, they control their overhead and operational expenses while they establish their Los Angeles fan base.

Number 3. Hiring Anthony Lynn on the cheap, compared to a bigger name, is also part of that equation. They hire a new head coach with a good reputation for coaching a power running game wherever he's been. Melvin Gordon, and Andre Williams talents will be on display, and whoever else fits into Lynns' power run game scheme. This can also relieve the pressure on Rivers, and might just bring him the championship ring that has eluded him. like Terrell Davis running game did for John Elway. ....Or they can trade Rivers, with his permission, but seeing how good a endorsement market L.A. will be for Rivers, I would expect he'll want to stay on.

4. And then there's Gus Bradley. Or is there? I don't know for certain yet. But if he's gong to coach fundamental tackling skills like he did with the Seahawks, he will be an improvement at DC. Mebane will know more about what Bradley can do for the Chargers defense. He'd be a good guy to talk to.

So, while many on the CMB are emotionally hurt by the move and think the Spanoses are stupid, don't know what they are doing, I beg to differ. Increasing your franchises value immediately, greatly reducing and controlling expenses, and transitioning to a different team identity, as in a power running team, vs pass happy, takes guts, foresight, and smarts. I know I'll be flamed for saying this, but it's their business. We're just fans of a football team.
Your projecting as if the spanos family OWNS a stadium, they will never get a price valuation like that for one simple reason they will paying rent on someone else field. 5 years, Chargers will be back in SD, specially when the NFL wonders why they don't have a team in the 6th largest media market in the US. (oh and where are you get a 2 billion dollar valuation from, they are barely worth over 1 billion as it stands, stop making up data).
Old 03-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Wishful thinking to have them return in 5 years. Still miss the team as being apart of San Diego and it's been a year and half. Still the love for Rivers and the team is greater than the hurt of leaving.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Wishful thinking to have them return in 5 years. Still miss the team as being apart of San Diego and it's been a year and half. Still the love for Rivers and the team is greater than the hurt of leaving.

Isn't the distance to Mission Valley from Murietta only about 20 minutes shorter than to Carson?

But, I get it. For decades they were the "San Diego Chargers." Now part of the name has changed.