Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2015, 06:07 AM
Mo’ Hurts

Their upside may be different bc Reese was always limited by his size, but their absolutely not apples and oranges... They have similar skillset and identical shortfalls.

And Reese is most certainly a freak athlete. His vertical jump and 3-cone were among the best at the combine last year. Coates may put up a better 40, but he wond be anywhere near Reese's vertical or 3-cone.

Anyway, my point is just that our FO values consistency obviously since Reese who had developmental upside, was too inconsistent to make the roster.
4. Shaquem Griffin, LB
5. Poona Ford, DT
6. Shaun Dion Hamilton, LB
7. Trey Quinn, WR

UDFA. CB Grant Haley, S Troy Apke, OT Korey Cunningham, DE Mike Love

"Penetration is needed" - Woodeye via TT
Old 02-18-2015, 06:26 AM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
btdubs, I watched Waldman's RSP with Lance Zeirlein regarding Scherff. I'd be happier with Scherff than Cam Erving at 17 provided Duke and Parker weren't there. I like Scherff better than that LSU kid. I think instant plug and play at LG. Leave Watt at C, and then we just need to resign King, and find a RG.
That was a good piece. I had Scherff off the board when I made my mock, but if we were looking for a true guard and I had to pick between him and Collins, I'd take Scherff. However, if we were to do that, I think we had better make sure to find a good swing tackle. Because one plus that Collins offers is the ability (I'm projecting) to do a good job filling in for King if need be. He might not be a LT long term (then again, he might), but he would certainly be a better fill in there than Willie Smith or Fluker. Chris Hairston would be an excellent pickup for OT depth. He'd allow us to really narrow our focus to guard. And this is all assuming that the rumors are true that they're sticking with Fluker at RT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Scherff and La'el have to be high on our list. What about Ali Marpet? He's moving up. Round 3-4. C-G. Divsion III OLT experience makes him a possibility for emergency OT duties. I am trying to squeeze out difference makers, on both sides of the ball, early, and still address the vital Oline situation early enough.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Their upside may be different bc Reese was always limited by his size, but their absolutely not apples and oranges... They have similar skillset and identical shortfalls.

And Reese is most certainly a freak athlete. His vertical jump and 3-cone were among the best at the combine last year. Coates may put up a better 40, but he wond be anywhere near Reese's vertical or 3-cone.

Anyway, my point is just that our FO values consistency obviously since Reese who had developmental upside, was too inconsistent to make the roster.
I would not put my money on that. Coates has been clocked at 4.3 and lower, 40+ inch vert, bench over 400. I'll wait for the definite at the combine, but Sammie Coates has some freakish ability! And at 6'3 210, that is pretty awesome!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Embrace the Sadness :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post

He weighed 160 pounds. Sooo that 3 cone time isn't impressive. Neither is a 4.45 40 at that weight. He had one impressive attribute and that was his vert.

Reese is not a freak athlete. That term gets used way too often. If Reese put up those combine numbers at 210, then I would consider him a freak athlete.

And their shortfalls are definitely not the same. Reese could run routes. Coates was only asked to run a third of the route tree.

Their only similarity is how often they were asked to run 9 routes, and their hands. It ends there.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
He weighed 160 pounds. Sooo that 3 cone time isn't impressive. Neither is a 4.45 40 at that weight. He had one impressive attribute and that was his vert.

Reese is not a freak athlete. That term gets used way too often. If Reese put up those combine numbers at 210, then I would consider him a freak athlete.

And their shortfalls are definitely not the same. Reese could run routes. Coates was only asked to run a third of the route tree.

Their only similarity is how often they were asked to run 9 routes, and their hands. It ends there.
nicely put time!
Old 02-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Shock and Awe

ShockTreatment’s Mock v 4, 2-21-15
1. Brandon Scherff - RT or G - Iowa
2. Tyler Lockett - WR - Kansas State
3. Markus Golden - EDGE - Missouri
4. Senquez Golson - CB - Ole Miss
5. Henry Anderson - 34DE - Stanford
6. Michael Dyer - RB - Louisville

V 4 Update.
3. Christian Westerman - OG/C - Arizona State
4. Dean Lowry - 34DE - Northwestern
5. Robby Anderson - WR - Temple
6a. Jatavis Brown - ILB - Akron
6b. Victor Ochi - 34OLB - Stony Brook
7. Darrell Greene - OG - San Diego State

Last edited by ShockTreatment; 02-21-2015 at 02:34 PM..
Old 02-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Shock and Awe

Update explained:

Was being a little too optimistic with Ajayi - Golden - Golson - Anderson 3-6.

Took out Ajayi and bumped up the picks a round to normalize the selections a bit.

Two changes: removed Funchess. I know you shouldn't let combine numbers change your evals, but I really don't like his reported 4.7 40. That combined with a few other '?' was enough to take him out of this slot. I'd still consider him round 2, just deeper in the cluster.

Lockett is just a better prospect in almost every facet that isn't a physical mesurement. Can't deny that he's #1 in my cluster for round 2. Added him to reflect this.

Changed spelling: 'Goldson' to 'Golson'.

Added Michael Dyer. I think he's floating under the radar. Extremely productive at Auburn and efficient with Louisville, eventually beating out Brown for the feature role. Love his running style: physical, yet patient, breaks tackles or eludes them. My #1 choice for a late round RB is Robisnon, but Dyer isn't far behind. Sleeper.

Character concerns are an issue, but production and talent undeniable.
3. Christian Westerman - OG/C - Arizona State
4. Dean Lowry - 34DE - Northwestern
5. Robby Anderson - WR - Temple
6a. Jatavis Brown - ILB - Akron
6b. Victor Ochi - 34OLB - Stony Brook
7. Darrell Greene - OG - San Diego State

Last edited by ShockTreatment; 02-22-2015 at 01:32 AM..
Old 02-22-2015, 03:05 AM
Power of 51

Quote:

Mods, time4aRing needs a little timeout.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:07 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTreatment View Post
Update explained:

Was being a little too optimistic with Ajayi - Golden - Golson - Anderson 3-6.

Took out Ajayi and bumped up the picks a round to normalize the selections a bit.

Two changes: removed Funchess. I know you shouldn't let combine numbers change your evals, but I really don't like his reported 4.7 40. That combined with a few other '?' was enough to take him out of this slot. I'd still consider him round 2, just deeper in the cluster.

Lockett is just a better prospect in almost every facet that isn't a physical mesurement. Can't deny that he's #1 in my cluster for round 2. Added him to reflect this.

Changed spelling: 'Goldson' to 'Golson'.

Added Michael Dyer. I think he's floating under the radar. Extremely productive at Auburn and efficient with Louisville, eventually beating out Brown for the feature role. Love his running style: physical, yet patient, breaks tackles or eludes them. My #1 choice for a late round RB is Robisnon, but Dyer isn't far behind. Sleeper.

Character concerns are an issue, but production and talent undeniable.
What happened to Ajayi ? Does kemp know about this ?