Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerDiva View Post
Can I help?
I'm pretty sure that you won't have any spare time on your hands. Helping Jackfrosting navigate life is going to be a full time charity job.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:22 PM
ultimate warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerDiva View Post
Can I help?

Ummm ???

I have an idea if your interested ?

Honestly, the slap to the head was plenty, did you really have to lay the boots in as well ?
R.I.P ... Never forgotten. Thank You.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:23 PM
E SMITTY

I just posted something right now and it already got moved and now i can't find it !!!!

Last edited by chargertom; 06-25-2010 at 10:06 PM..
Old 06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd77 View Post

its a free society

In the USA, yes you are right, but on the internet? Nah completely different.

Mods/Admins, do w/e you'd like to make this board load faster and not kill bandwith and space on the server.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by E SMITTY View Post
Jesus I just posted something right now and it already got moved and now i can't find it !!!!
This post? http://forums.chargers.com/showpost....postcount=1600 It was merged with one of the dozen or so existing VJ/MM threads.

If you can't find your post, just click on your username, and then click on "Find All Posts By E SMITTY".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Next man up

Default To many threads being merged

First of all, thank you to the moderators for all that you do. Your job can not possibly be easy with all the different opinions of passionate fans especially when emotions are running as high as they do during the season, especially when the blame game is played after a loss. In the off topic section I make a lot of humor intended comments about you and thank you for taking them that way. This is intended as a respectful complaint about the current policy.

I am logging into the forums and have to say there are simply to many threads that IMO are different enough to remain separate being merged.

I understand that two identical topics need to be merged, but putting two separate calls under one "Bad officiating thread" to me makes little since. The sproles fumble, and the Rivers delay of game at the end are different enough and each warrent there own discussion. A merge ends up disrupting the flow of both threads and makes them a lot harder to follow.

Post game, there will be individual plays that stick out, and I think that both discussions are hurt by these merges.

Even discussions that are the same should be thought twice about in some circumstances. Multi paragraph, well thought out post that clearly had some research done, instead of just one sentence almost generic responses, IMO do not deserve to be burred on page 12 of a 30 page thread. When they get that big very few people checking the forum on there break are going to read the whole thing, and instead will read the OP, a few posts on the first page, then skip toward the last few if not one. Granted, very few of my posts fall into this category but it gets frustrating to see the best posts berried under people posting the same repetitive 4 line posts for 5 pages.

So yea... Thank you for reading, and please consider loosening up the merge thread policy, especially for the 48 hours following a game when things are still fresh and people want to have discussions of specific plays, play calls, moments, instead of consolidating threads to the point where the discussion is hindered instead of helped.

Last edited by Strife9878; 09-27-2010 at 12:03 PM..
Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

This is a double edged sword, strife ... and I don't know if there is a definitive answer. If we let everyone who has a thought pop into their head hit the "New Thread" button versus the search button, and post that thought into an existing thread ... then we get people who complain because their thread gets buried on page 4 in 2 1/2 minutes after a game.

If we merge threads that all basically express the same thing, with different words, then we are doing too much merging and we should just let the forums erupt.

It's a hard call to make, and we do the best we can to keep the forums flowing .. keep hot topics on the main page .. and try to keep similar conversations in one place.

The current VJ situation is a perfect example. How many VJ related thread are enough to talk about it? 2? 12? We keep merging new VJ threads with existing ones .. and the new ones just keep coming.

It's the same thing after a loss. Everyone has a "unique" perspective, and their thoughts on the game should be a stand alone thread. Unfortunately, 14 other posters have the same "unique" thoughts, and post almost identical threads.

The officiating thread was merged, because we literally could have 12 different threads about officiating, if someone wanted to start a new thread about every call or non-call in a game.

Like I said ... tough decisions, but we do the best we can. Remember, the posters outnumber the mods about 1000 to 1 on gamedays.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:05 PM
no worries...

Default General Discussions...

Why is everything moved from here to some other place? this is " GENERAL DISCUSSIONS"....people come in here , dont see a post a create one. I would think that"general discussions" is just that...

DA JUDGE
Old 11-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Hall of Famer

General charger discussions
Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by longTIMEreader View Post
Why is everything moved from here to some other place? this is " GENERAL DISCUSSIONS"....people come in here , dont see a post a create one. I would think that"general discussions" is just that...
General discussions about the Chargers not the league.

There are free agent forums and around the NFL forums, etc. for stuff not Charger related. Maybe you should check out more than the GD forum and you may understand where threads should go.