Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Hall of Famer

I moved this thread to the appropriate section of the forum.

BTW: I'm not the Mod who moved your threads, nor did I read either of the original threads, but perhaps the discussion in both threads started becoming just like the discussions in the other LT threads? Invariably most of the threads start saying the same thing- in this case, why didn't Brown acknowledge LT, why is he grumpy, ect, ect.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
You know sometimes the best thing to do is to talk to someone on a one-to-one level... like ChargerTom does to me all the time.

Just an FYI

My WHOLE POST says that.

FYI yourself and read before you write....
Old 12-08-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibolt View Post

BTW: I'm not the Mod who moved your threads, nor did I read either of the original threads.
I knew it wasnt you when it happened. Lazy or Personal.

Never an explanation given until I call him out.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibolt View Post

BTW: I'm not the Mod who moved your threads, nor did I read either of the original threads, but perhaps the discussion in both threads started becoming just like the discussions in the other LT threads? Invariably most of the threads start saying the same thing- in this case, why didn't Brown acknowledge LT, why is he grumpy, ect, ect.

Then he should have changed the thread headline to what I had "Jim Brown - Old Cranky, Crusty dude"

Not - Congrats LT.

Lazy or personal?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Check your PMs
Old 12-08-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEmUp View Post
My WHOLE POST says that.

FYI yourself and read before you write....
I was talking about PMing a mod as opposed to broadcasting to the entire forum.... I guess the analogy was either under you, over you, or simply slipped through your fingers.

You see you can PM a mod directly and ask them specific questions, or if you really want to ask a mod a question and want it to be listed in the forum type atmosphere I would suggest you use the existing forum titled "Ask a Mod". You see in this "ask a mod" forum you can ask a mod via posting a question and a mod responds.... its really revolutionary.

I just tried to FYI myself but I got a syntax error due to potential loop problem, but I appreciate the advice.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I was talking about PMing a mod as opposed to broadcasting to the entire forum.... I guess the analogy was either under you, over you, or simply slipped through your fingers.

You see you can PM a mod directly and ask them specific questions, or if you really want to ask a mod a question and want it to be listed in the forum type atmosphere I would suggest you use the existing forum titled "Ask a Mod". You see in this "ask a mod" forum you can ask a mod via posting a question and a mod responds.... its really revolutionary.

I just tried to FYI myself but I got a syntax error due to potential loop problem, but I appreciate the advice.
Your pretending to be smart was lost on me. Went right underneath my foot.

Ask a MOD what in PM? why they do this numerous times without explanation? What was lost on you dude is that after this happens so many times it needs to be aired out. If this is how mods are running this site it needs to be called to attention.

Again. Read what I wrote and consider your options and see if they might have already been tried down the long blue and yellow brick road called PAST EXPERIENCES....
Old 12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Time for some BEEF!

Quote:

You need to initiate your loop with
for i in I

then, all will be okay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"You can only do so much physically. You can only run so fast and jump so high. Mentally there is an unlimited capacity on how you can grow."

Old 12-08-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEmUp View Post
Your pretending to be smart was lost on me. Went right underneath my foot.

Ask a MOD what in PM? why they do this numerous times without explanation? What was lost on you dude is that after this happens so many times it needs to be aired out. If this is how mods are running this site it needs to be called to attention.

Again. Read what I wrote and consider your options and see if they might have already been tried down the long blue and yellow brick road called PAST EXPERIENCES....
Ok when I was talking about speaking with someone one-on-one I was talking about a closed environment where not everyone gets involved (you see when you post on a board you welcome everyones thoughts, when you PM you welcome only the peoples thoughts who you have chosen to include). I guess it was a bit vague.

Regarding the Ask a Mod you said your threads needed to be "aired out", all I was doing is saying that the "ask a mod" thread is the proper location for airing out all questions. Its sorta like parking in the middle of the road despite a parking lot adjacent designated for parking, thus the question of mods decisions should start with the ask a mod thread.

As for past experiences lets just say I have been dismissed more times at the hands of the mods most if not all on this board. Im not trying to fight you, I am just trying to let you know how it works.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

I just read the entire thread in question. It started out innocent enough. A few posters telling LT "congrats". Then it degraded to what it is now. A whole slew of people talking about how classless Jim Brown is. Arguing, bickering back and forth.

Your original thread was nothing new. It was just another Jim Brown bashing. That's why it went where it did.

Then you start the exact same thread, exact same post, but put the instructions "Do Not Merge" in the last line. I didn't merge it the second time, but the mod who did was correct in doing so.

Your thought brought nothing new to the conversation. It was just more Jim Brown bashing.

And now the thread has turned into personal attacks, name calling and insults.

One thing you'll find out .... calling out a mod in the GD section isn't the way to do business. And you ask "which mod?" How about sending your questions to ALL the mods. More than one name will fit in the address line of your pm. I'm willing to bet you get an answer.

Calling us "nazis"? Seriously? Then you feel it's okay to go on and use abbreviated profanity, insult other posters, and act all insulted that your post wasn't given the special recognition you feel it deserved.

You might feel that you're somehow "fighting the good fight" here. But all you're really doing is setting yourself up. Do you seriously think we have the time, or the capability, to individually notify every single poster whose post we have to edit or delete, or whose thread we have to move or merge? With several thousand new posts a day, and 3 or 4 active mods? Give us a break.

But you continue to govern yourself as you see fit. You're free to make your own decisions and choices here ... but you're not free from the consequences.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!