Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Fantasy Football & Pick 'Em Pools
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Thumbs up Thx for the advise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGP View Post
Wow, that's tough. I'd start T-rich, just because you know what youre getting. Can you start Wilson in the flex?

RM. I think he'll get a goal line td.

GGP, there's no flex in this league but, I'm leaning toward TR for the the 1st game b/c he's a bell cow! TR can run, rec, GL & Sh. yds carries.
I like DWilson's explosiveness though he can score from anywhere on the field at any given moment!

So, THX for the advise I think we think similar on this one but, I admit I could change by game #2.
My #1 RB in this league is Doug Martin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CHARGER POWER

Last edited by johnjeff83; 09-05-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 11:52 PM
In Telesco I trust

Default Kap or Luck?

I been getting nightmares about this. Who would you start?
Kaepernick really lit up Green bay the last time they played and this match-up looks like it can become a shootout which would net him alot of yards
then we have Luck vs the Raiders which could be a good game for him but if the game get out of hand soon then it could mean the colts would run alot.
What do you guys suggest?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Rookie

Kaep or Romo?
Standard scoring 10 team league
Old 09-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Get 'er done, son!

Kaep. I'm a huge follower of Chris Harris, and he breaks it down.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9637173

Quote:
I been getting nightmares about this. Who would you start?
Kaepernick really lit up Green bay the last time they played and this match-up looks like it can become a shootout which would net him alot of yards
then we have Luck vs the Raiders which could be a good game for him but if the game get out of hand soon then it could mean the colts would run alot.
What do you guys suggest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdisburning21 View Post
Kaep or Romo?
Standard scoring 10 team league

Last edited by Chargers503; 09-06-2013 at 04:55 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Lost but not found

Ppr
Miles Austin or Mcfadden?
Old 09-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Thumbs up Tough decision but,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevil88 View Post
Ppr
Miles Austin or Mcfadden?

It's a tough decision but, U have to make it. I'm guessing it's for a (FLEX) WR/RB position & U have no 3rd option?

Anyways between this two injury prone players that actually have a favorable matchup for week #1 in a PPR league here's my opinion as
follows.

I would go with Darren McFadden in a split decision b/c vs the IND. Colts who have porous Defense specifically against the run. DMC should see more touches so more chances to break one for a TD! DMC can also catch the ball so he'll have more oppurtunties in a PPR league! DMC should get some Goal Line carries so better chances of scoring a TD!

Now on the other hand Miles Austin is a TD threat from anywhere on the field and should draw single coverage. Miles Austin has a favorable matchup also vs the NY Giants poor against the pass Defense. Dez Bryant draws the double coverage so if, U chose Miles Austin he should produce for U in a PPR league , also.

I just think that if, their both healthy make sure they both are! If, one of them is injured, I think U know to go with the other one. IF, U have a 3rd option to consider I would love to see UR bench players just to see if, U have a better potential option. PLZ review my question & give a detail answer or reason for UR choice on my Questions on players.

Also, feel free to ask me a question about choice or the player I think U should play. Week #1. PLZ reply.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CHARGER POWER
Old 09-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjeff83 View Post
It's a tough decision but, U have to make it. I'm guessing it's for a (FLEX) WR/RB position & U have no 3rd option?

Anyways between this two injury prone players that actually have a favorable matchup for week #1 in a PPR league here's my opinion as
follows.

I would go with Darren McFadden in a split decision b/c vs the IND. Colts who have porous Defense specifically against the run. DMC should see more touches so more chances to break one for a TD! DMC can also catch the ball so he'll have more oppurtunties in a PPR league! DMC should get some Goal Line carries so better chances of scoring a TD!

Now on the other hand Miles Austin is a TD threat from anywhere on the field and should draw single coverage. Miles Austin has a favorable matchup also vs the NY Giants poor against the pass Defense. Dez Bryant draws the double coverage so if, U chose Miles Austin he should produce for U in a PPR league , also.

I just think that if, their both healthy make sure they both are! If, one of them is injured, I think U know to go with the other one. IF, U have a 3rd option to consider I would love to see UR bench players just to see if, U have a better potential option. PLZ review my question & give a detail answer or reason for UR choice on my Questions on players.

Also, feel free to ask me a question about choice or the player I think U should play. Week #1. PLZ reply.
I'd also choose a starting RB who has skills when healthy over a #2 receiver any day. Receiver's are more likely to get you almost no points than a starting RB.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Thumbs up What VistaFan said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaFan View Post
I'd also choose a starting RB who has skills when healthy over a #2 receiver any day. Receiver's are more likely to get you almost no points than a starting RB.
I agree for the reason VF posted the odds are in UR favor!

Of course, that doesn't mean it's going work every week but, the percentages are in UR favor with this RB DMC over WR!

Yet, it's still UR final choice we all wrestle with decisions like
this. That's what I think makes it soo much fun.

We actually get to play owner,GM,HC,DC,ST's C, etc.
Good Luck buddy! PLZ don't forget to give me
advise I need it, on my questions,
too!

We need to try & help each other that's this is all about!

CHARGER POWER
Old 09-08-2013, 08:20 PM
All-Pro

Did anyone else start Roddy White?...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaFan View Post
Im not sure what austin scored, but i don't agree with my statement anymore. Im in a couple leagues with family that aren't standard scoring.

In one, I scored 39 points with Boldin, and a bunch with Cobb, Nelson, Wayne and Jrdan Cameron because of ppr(and maybe bonuses?)

Whats weird to me is in my other league my opponent has russel wilson who scored 41.5 but in my league that i had boldin with 39, Wilson had 16.5. Im gonna have to pay attention to the scorung rules in these leagues.