Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Default NFL Network AFC West analysis

Kinda disappointed with the network today on Total Access...They spoke to Andy Reid, a reporter from the Denver area and Dennis Allen and a grade on everything the Raiders did, but all they discussed about the Chargers was Donald Brown, no grades, no local reporters, no coaches. Understood that the Chargers have not been very active in free agency but that was by design as the Chargers did a better job than most of re-signing their own players. Also understood that McCoy and company seem to like flying under the radar but even that should have been brought up.
Little discussion of what the Broncos lost compared to what they gained, some discussion of the oline losses of KC and nothing but praise for what the Raiders have done. Seems we're in a battle for second place in the west, Broncos have it wrapped up...we'll see. Seems Total Access isn't total unless you live in Colorado or Northern California.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

There really isnt much to talk about thatt is new to our team. We cant afford flashy free agents. Just like last year, i believe we have a good team when healthy but our backups are suspect. Should be a bit improved over last season.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
There really isnt much to talk about thatt is new to our team. We cant afford flashy free agents. Just like last year, i believe we have a good team when healthy but our backups are suspect. Should be a bit improved over last season.
Agree. We need another good draft and good health.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Draft This Man

Yeah, there really isn't much to talk about with the Chargers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sean of BSX
Old 04-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Agree. We need another good draft and good health.
I would like to add to my original reply to the OP in regards to the Raiders. I believe they have improved a lot on paper just by signing Shaub. I still hope the Raiders do the Raiders thing and still find a way to suck

Last edited by Bolt4Life; 04-08-2014 at 01:05 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 04:04 AM
Hall of Famer

Get use to it!
Old 04-08-2014, 04:19 AM
I'm No Noob

Here's the deal- our glaring needs where we need guys to play a full 16 seem to be WR, OL and OLB. If we get even **one** new body to produce, we should be able to limit Freeney's time out there and keep him fresh.
Offensive line and WR will always be a concern- I think our starters will be fine but depth has been our Achilles heel lately.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:24 AM
Veteran

This does not surprise me at all. My whole life I've wondered why the media holds this city in such disdain. Even in times of great success for this franchise, the camera/keyboard jockeys threw their noses up at anything happening here.( Boomer being the exception to the rule)

I can only reference back to the 80's, but this has been the norm for decades. I used to think it was my imagination coupled with my ravenous hunger for ANYTHING Chargers, but anyone who paid close attention knows what I'm talking about. Many a time have I gritted my teeth and watched the losing team dominate the highlights while the winning bolts didn't even seem to have played the game.......It's almost vendetta-like.

Who pissed these guys off way back when and why can't they get over it?

Last edited by KillerPJ; 04-08-2014 at 05:27 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Last year, the losses at Washington, at Tennessee, and at Denver in the playoffs, were directly attributable to issues involving the running game. We acquired Donald Brown and David Johnson. There it is right there, if so called football people want to talk about it.
I still feel very strongly that we need a dynamic defensive lineman or two for our rotation up front. This will ignite our deep group of linebackers and make our defensive backs jobs easier. Yes, my fellow CMBers you are correct. We could use a little more competition for the the defensive backfield.

Last edited by woodeye2000; 04-08-2014 at 05:59 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 06:02 AM
Mo’ Hurts

I think the Bronco's "improvements" are completely overstated... They've had a marginally positive offseason, if you look at the players they've lost, they've done slightly better than a wash.
4. Shaquem Griffin, LB
5. Poona Ford, DT
6. Shaun Dion Hamilton, LB
7. Trey Quinn, WR

UDFA. CB Grant Haley, S Troy Apke, OT Korey Cunningham, DE Mike Love

"Penetration is needed" - Woodeye via TT