Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2009, 04:55 PM
SuperCh4rger

Default Charger fan in Glasgow, Scotland

Hi there. Back in 1982 a new TV station, Channel 4, started a weekly show highlighting the week's NFL action and showing a goodly part of the best game of that week. I was immediately smitten by Air Coryell and the sight of Dan Fouts in full passing mode with Winslow and Joiner receiving, and I've been a Boltsman ever since.
Next month, to celebrate my 60th birthday and my 30th wedding anniversary, my wife and I are visiting California including a few days in SD. I managed to buy Club tickets for the MNF game in Oakland on the 14th! Am so excited...like a kid, lol.
If anyone would care to suggest anything that would make our visit even better, the game or otherwise, I'd be deeply grateful. Particularly anything relating to the etiquette of rooting for the Bolts in a 'foreign' stadium .
Take care . . . Norm.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:12 AM
jowen

From San Diego now in Lexington,KY hoping to find some fellow Bolt lovers to cheer on the Chargers each Sunday. Jimowen@jtoenterprises.com
Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Rookie

Default From The First

I grew up in San Diego, and was at Balboa stadium for the first San Diego Chargers home game. Been following them ever since.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 AM
MissionBeachSD

Looking for Charger fans in Las Cruces NM. Born ( 1960 ) and raised in San Diego, go back to visit friends a few times a year. By my name you know where i lived. There was nothing like growing up in MB-PB in the 60's and 70's. Go Chargers!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Rookie

Currently in Valdez, Alaska on board the Pacific Princess. Will be back for SF game. Go Chargers !!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Veteran

grew up in texas big time cowboys fan... moved here to daygo at the time i didnt really care for football i was more into mma... now i love them both... my girls family got me into the chargers.. they would have charger parties... got me hooked.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Grew up in Chula Vista in the 60's and 70's, major religions were U.S. Navy, Rohr Industries, the Chargers. Moved out in '87 to Las Vegas for economic reasons. Have maintained contact with San Diego and its sports teams; never really left, mentally. However, when excess playoff tickets are sold, they go to "locals" (Southern California Zip Code) who likely are not versed in the lore of the 60's and 70's. Came out of a San Diego Symphony concert one Sunday afternoon, and radio advised Cliff Olander (QB) had led Chargers to 12-7 victory over the Raiders (this was circa 1977, and broke a long losing streak). You've got to remember that kind of trivia!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionBeachSD View Post
Looking for Charger fans in Las Cruces NM. Born ( 1960 ) and raised in San Diego, go back to visit friends a few times a year. By my name you know where i lived. There was nothing like growing up in MB-PB in the 60's and 70's. Go Chargers!!!!
Don't live in Las Cruces, live in Taos. I'm a senior this year and I plan to go to college at NMSU in Cruces next year. I heard thats the only place (Las Cruces) in NM that carries Charger games on TV instead of the Broncos, is that true?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:18 PM
fan since 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
lived in santee, ca. now up in portland, or. bolts4life
lived in chula vista, ca. now I live in McMinnville or. GO BOLTZ
Old 09-05-2009, 01:23 PM
fan since 78

I grew up all over san diego, but mainly chula vista. Looking for bolt fans in or around mcminnville oregon area. GO BOLTZ!!!!!!!!!!